Day 49(pt.3): The Day Everyone Tries to Forget

Fear, adrenaline, stress, headaches. Those were the primary sensations that I was experiencing after seeing a familiar attack emerge from the floor below my feet. It was a sight that I thought to never see again, now returning from the darkness to haunt us once more with its destructive power.

Binah, the one known as the cold monster with no true concern for others, had awoken.

A bead of sweat fell down from my face as I tried to compose myself after that sudden assault. The workers who had no knowledge of the events of her first rampage looked around in confusion while the ones who did frowned. In that madness spreading like fire, BongBong remained emotionless, her focus unwavering.

Intercom: Warning! Rabbit protocol initiated in the following departments: Architecture. Cleansing in process!

Y/N: ...

As I made my way to the nearest monitor, I took a look at the one laying inside a small crater made by her own body. The girl dressed in white, the one we were supposed to suppress before our priorities... well, switched to someone much more dangerous.

Sensing that as well, the entity that once tried to attack us slowly stood back on their feet, only to be met by the sharp glare of the girl with long blue hair, her rifle pointed at her head and her finger placed on the trigger. She was not messing around and she was making sure that her target was aware of that. With no hesitation, they raised their hands.

Y/N: BongBong, we're having issues with Melting Love's containment room!

BongBong: Bong.

Heeding my voice, she lowered her rifle and turned heels to make a sprint in the direction of the mentioned slime's room. The confusion grew even stronger for the one standing on the broken floor under her after looking in my direction with her closed eyes.

Although the most logical action right now would be to neutralize her as soon as possible, the problem was that we were also attacked by something much more dangerous than an unarmed person, causing my attention to move elsewhere for the sake of planning for any possibilities. I had to keep an eye on a possible shockwave that would bring along with it a wave of spikes trying to impale the ones who were not fast enough to dodge, retain a semblance of control on the workers around to make sure they don't panic and cause a bigger mess AND keep a constant focus on the rooms containing the abnormalities, at least the ones in my department.

Just dealing with them was enough to make me feel overwhelmed, making me feel bad for the Manager who had to deal with everything at the same time unlike me.

[W]: ...

Y/N: Alright everyone, we need to remain focused, we cannot afford to fall into a panic!

Bringing order and cutting the lingering vines of fear spreading around, I loudly called the office workers around, snapping them out of their shock/PTSD attack. As the captain, it was my duty to keep everyone in high spirits, they were relying on me to keep them safe.

Plus, we already faced the one causing this once before, there was no unknown factors as far as I could tell. We only had to repeat what we did the last time but better for the sake of keeping as many people alive as possible.

The only difference between then and now was the one dressed with what one would call an "angelic" outfit, her silent face observing the scene like it was a fever dream. She was completely unarmed, no way to fight without causing a massive retaliation from everyone in the room, making her efforts pointless. Knowing that, she calmly watched with no signs of aggression, knowing what would occur if she were to strike now.