Day 30: A Not-So-Great Day

Y/N: Can you do that for me?

I explained her the situation and when I asked her that, she narrowed her eyes and I saw a dark glare coming from her eyes, clearly unhappy about something.

QoH: I feel like you are simply using me just because she got hurt.

Y/N: ...

QoH: Then what? You're going to forget about me?

Y/N: It's not-

QoH: I know that you paid a visit to the monster who tried to kill you, someone needs to keep you in check.

Y/N: Look, I'm sorry, I didn't want to offend you.

QoH: Theeeeen...

A grin formed on her face and I felt a wave of shivers in my spine, knowing that it wasn't going to end well for me.

QoH: Let me follow you tomorrow.

Y/N: That's all?

She nodded and I decided that it wasn't that bad, considering the other routes that she could have taken instead of this one. She jumped around in happiness and then returned to my problem.

QoH: With a little bit of magic, everything can be possible.

Y/N: I hope so, don't want to rely on Angela for this one... or anything, ever.

The last part was said to myself, mumbling it under my breath. She soon started casting a spell and she pointed the foreign object attached to me, causing it to fall on the floor. I stepped away in shock and looked at myself.

Y/N: No fucking way, it actually worked.

I said that, feeling an immense amount of relief when I realized that it was gone. I looked back at Queen of hatred but then saw her fighting whatever that sentient liquid was. She spun around and created glowing stars in the whole room, destroying themselves when they landed on it.

Y/N: ...

I tried to look for my weapon but I remembered that Gebura took them away from me, rendering me helpless. The enemies then launched in my direction and I avoided it's attack by going under it.

QoH: Stay behind me Y/N, I'll protect you!

Not having a choice, I did so and hid behind her, hoping that she could take care of it. Her opponent suddenly started to become taller and change itself. When it was over, my eyes widened in disbelief, I was faced by the one that I wanted to support and protect.

Alter Ego: Y/N, please don't abandon us, we know your pain and we can help you.

Y/N: ...H-How-

QoH: Don't listen to it Y/N, it's trying to trick you, this monster doesn't have your interests at heart.

That thing quickly reacted by glaring at the abnormality, gritting it's teeth together before speaking back to her.

Alter Ego: And you think that you have HIS best interests at heart selfish creature?

QoH: ...

She glared back at it, clearly pissed by that question but fortunately, the door opened and Gebura saved the day once more by grabbing it and shoving it violently inside a glass container.

Gebura: I got you now, stay in there forever.

Alter Ego: You can't keep us here Red Mist, we won't give up!

Gebura: I'm going to make sure you never lay a finger on him ever again, trust me on that one.

Her eyes soon searched for me and when she saw me, she gave me a confident smile.