Day 31: Mysterious Clockwork

-Silence is no longer just bringing peace.

Y/N: ...

I slowly woke up and looked around, noticing that I was back in my room beside a sleeping Alter Ego. Confused, I left the bed and stepped outside the room, seeing employees preparing themselves for the new day ahead of them.

Y/N: I feel like I'm missing something... probably not that important anyway.

I went back inside the room and woke up Alter Ego, who opened her eyes before yawning, giving the impression that she was a small girl. She blinked twice and gave me a warm smile in return before stepping out of the bed.

Alter Ego: Hey Y/N, am I the only one feeling that they're missing some memories?

Y/N: Nope.

Alter Ego: Is that so... Oh well, now isn't the time, our shift should start soon.

Y/N: ...

We both prepared ourselves and then went our own ways, to our own departments. Once in my department, I saw Tiphereth looking around in distress, her hands shaking.

Y/N: Tiphereth?

Tiphereth: ...Y/N?

She quickly snapped her neck in my direction and it allowed me to see bags under her eyes. I frowned at that sight and sat beside her, trying to find out why she was like that.

Y/N: What's wrong?

Tiphereth: Wrong? I'm fine, I'm perfectly fine! Hell, I never felt better!

She said that almost like an automatic response. I narrowed my eyes and looked around, only for my eyes to stop on a bottle on the floor. I leaned closer and picked it up, deciding to read the label on it.

Y/N: Enkephalin? Wait, that's the thing Netzach drinks all the time.

I looked back at Tiphereth and noticed her gaze fixated on me, her legs trembling. I grabbed her arm, trying to make her snap out of it, only for her to latch onto me.

Tiphereth: Don't leave me Y/N, I know that I did some mistakes, I'll change! I promise, I'll become the best Sephirah you've ever seen, don't leave alone, I don't want to feel that pain just like with Tiphereth!

Y/N: H-Huh?! Why this all of the sudden- Did you took the Enkephalin? 

She didn't respond and I looked around. I called one of the employees and slowly pushed the Sephirah to him.

Y/N: Go find Gebura or one of the upper Sephirah, tell them that she isn't in a working condition.

Worker: Understood.

He walked away, taking with him a frail Sephirah who tried to fight her way back to me. When she was about to disappear from my view, she yelled her last words before vanishing into the distance.

Tiphereth: Don't leave me Y/N, I don't want to sufffer anymore!

Y/N: ...

Now gone, my shift started with an unknown abnormality. I mentally prepared myself and walked back to the Training team. The walk to it was slow and with each steps, I felt my confidence slowly dropping into the abyss...

...I mean, an unknown abnormality, meaning I could get killed immediately.

Then the moment of truth arrived. The door slowly opened and my first step inside causing sweats to form on my face. I reached for my notepad, took out a pencil, a new breath of fresh air before facing the new threat added to this facility.