Day 1: One Bro and Hundreds of Good Deeds (Redone)

(Hello all of you. It took a while but in the end, I've finally republished this story. For all of you who didn't see the message I've posted on my profile, I should warn you that the early chapters are FAR from good. The first half of the story was made before Ruina came out so expect plotholes, clashing lore and also A LOT of horrible writing to be present.

I do plan on going back and rewrite said chapters. However, with both the Ruina story & Lobotomy High still ongoing, I don't have the time to do so right now. I'll come back once one of these stories is done.

I am so sorry for the agony that the early chapters are.)

-It feeds on the "evil" that surfaces during conversations.

You know what they say, the first jobs are often the hardest, especially when you don't have any experience to show. Thankfully, the stress tend to diminish as one gain more insight on the process...

...Usually. Sadly, when one is faced with a job opportunity that a majority of people would be classified as "unqualified" for, that stress tends to emerge with a vengeance, breaking through one's mental ceiling. That was me. The process seemed to be going well so far but I couldn't help but fell a bead of sweat fall down my face, the tension getting to me.

Y/N: ...Hello?

I entered the lobby and followed a couple of people who escorted me further into the facility without even taking a single glance in my direction, not showing a single care towards my voice calling them. I was soon greeted by a more spacious room along with more "normal" employees... in the sense that they bothered to look at me like a human instead of ignoring me like a lingering ghost. A woman with light brown hair soon walked up to me, carrying a notepad and a huge smile that could almost make me forget about my fears.

 A woman with light brown hair soon walked up to me, carrying a notepad and a huge smile that could almost make me forget about my fears

???: Hey, you are the new guy I assume?

I quickly cleared my throat and tried to shrug off the awkwardness. First impressions are always important. Come on Y/N, you can do this!

Y/N: Indeed I am!

We both shook hands and I took a good look around. It seemed rather normal for a working environment, reminding me of an office.

???: I'm Malkuth, the Sephirah of this departement and I'm in charge of the Control team, I expect you to be in top shape! If you don't then we can only think of the worst outcome possible.

My smile remained after hearing that last part but my confidence definitely didn't. Is this a normal procedure to put so much pressure on the new guys?

Y/N: R-Really? Isn't there people specially trained to take care of emergencies, in case worse come to worse?

My interlocutor shook her head slightly but her optimism did not waver in the slightest.

Malkuth: We are currently the only departement opened right now but it doesn't mean we can't take care of problems by ourselves! I believe in all of you!