Day 44: Soon Stepping Past the Line of No Return, I Ponder

-Save us now and forevermore. The truth shall set us free.

Alter Ego: Are you sure that you're alright? You look pale.

Hava: Mhm, I would say that it suits you but that would be of bad taste.

Keeping their worries at bay, I quickly responded with how shaken I was after yesterday's events, to which they replied with a nod. None of us wanting to press further the subject, we stepped inside a break room and joined the other agents discussing together. Not wanting to get too involved with any of them, I took a seat away from everyone and the girls simply followed me.

Y/N: They don't seem that shaken by what happened.

Hava: Well, a good 20% of them are replacing those who died.

Y/N: ...Right.

My voice becoming deeper with that realization, I lowered my gaze to the table and pondered yet again on the words given to me by the AI in charge of the Extraction team. Knowing her for what she is, maybe that was the real reason why she did inform me of that, because she knew that I would not be able to shrug it off. Stuck in a cycle, I was having a hard time keeping my thoughts together.

It was like a piece of my brain was missing, a fragment of my mind lacking.

Y/N's mind: Considering how more and more abnormalities are arriving... where are they pulled from? Who are they pulled from?

Good lord this was giving me a headache.

Hava: Uh, Y/N?

Y/N: Yea?

Hava: You're drilling holes into the table, what's gotten into you?

Dropping her smile, she was giving me a frown similar to Tiphereth's while Alter Ego gave me a worried expression. Unable to give them a straight answer, I kept silent, causing the one wielding a black scythe to lean closer to my face.

Y/N: What are you doing?

Hava: ...You're hiding something, Binah told you something she shouldn't have?

Y/N: ...

I suppose she would go that direction considering she was the one who told me to go meet her. At the mention of the Arbiter, the one who first carried a concerned look now became somber at the mere thought of the recent events, remembering the chaos.

Y/N: Well, yea and that's probably why I don't really want to talk about it.

The reactions I would get if I told them that piece of information... Well, just Alter Ego's, I have a feeling that Hava was not one to be disturbed by this type of revelation. Deciding against telling it, I changed the subject.

Y/N: Still, 43 days completed, how long are we going to be stuck in here?

Hava: ...At this point, I'm more concerned about my pay, which I don't think we'll get at this rate.

Alter Ego: I don't think they were planning to from the start.

Y/N: Why did I sign up for this? Like seriously, I don't remember when I first entered this place.

While busy contemplating this horrifying thought, I noticed from the corner of my sight a movement and when I turned to see what it was, I was taken aback slightly. Her smile dropping, the eternally grinning Hava dropped her head and grabbed both of her hands almost in a prayer. Her gaze losing warmth, they were deep in their own world.

Hava: 43 days...

Y/N: Hava?

Hava: ...

I called her name but no response came from her, it was as if she was disconnected from our reality. Then, just like that, she stood up with a hint of worry in her red eyes. Her teasing voice was no more present and instead, doubts replaced it.