Day 34: The White Fish

-However, the world is more than simply warmth and light.

The tears now shed, I accompanied her outside of the working area, still holding my open wound with my second hand. I wished that it would just disappear but I knew a miracle like that wouldn't happen in this place.

Tiphereth: I'm... I-I'm sorry.

She whispered to me, unable to take her eyes off the large wound in my stomach. Gritting my teeth and hiding the obvious pain from her, I smiled.

Y/N: It's fine, just a scratch like they say.

Tiphereth: A scratch?! Your guts are about to fall out!

Y/N: It's not THAT bad but I guess I should still seek medical attention.

Nothing There really did a number on me, far from surprising when you realize that it's Nothing There that we're talking about. Anyway, that aside, we met up with the other employees who survived this ordeal and as expected, I was welcomed by Alter Ego on the verge of having a panic attack from seeing me bleeding out.

Alter Ego: Medkit, we need a medkit here! Did anyone see a medkit around here?!

She rushed around and searched frantically for that first aid kit while I asked Daniel, currently attending to Elis' wounds, how many perished during the last moments of this shift. He took a moment, patching up his friend's wounds and told me the result.

77% losses of the current facility, 6 agents and the rest were office workers.

Y/N: ...That's bad, that's really bad.

Daniel: I know I might sound like an hypocrite but the only agent losses were new employees, they didn't know what they were getting into and it's probably better if they never know about the horrors awaiting them here.

Y/N: ...What were their names?

Daniel: BongBong, Star, Tracy, Destiny, Mercury and... wait, what the...

He squinted his eyes at the list, not believing what he was seeing. I asked him if something was wrong but he didn't respond back, his eyes focused on the report.

Daniel: 'Ifyoushootmeyouaregay', that's the last one's name.

Y/N: ...Let me guess, he got shot?

Daniel: Got killed by Star, panicking at the moment of death.

Y/N: *Sigh*

Pinching my nose, I exhaled with a slight annoyance, like hearing the punchline of a bad joke. Soon after, Alter Ego came back with medical equipements, starting to examine the wound that I have. Around us, more employees were drinking their worries away while some were mumbling under their breath, scarred by what their eyes saw.

Elis: I don't like this place.

Hava: You'll get used to it.

She responded with a wide grin, the only person here happy about the recent events. I couldn't blame her for being like that, her memories go a long way back unlike ours if everyone else is in the same situation. Meanwhile, Dana, who I didn't see in a long time, greeted me along with one that doesn't remember me anymore.

Y/N: Hey Maria?

Maria: ?

Her hair fluttered in the air when her head turned to face me, not recognizing me.

Y/N: Control team right?

Maria: Yea...

She was wearing Der Freischütz's gear and carrying his weapon as well, the pipe resting in the small pocket of the coat. We talked for a bit before she had to go check on her coworkers inside her department.