Day 25x2: What Are the Hods?

*Knock knock*

Y/N: ...

I silently stared at the door, knowing who is on the other side. I tried to remain as silent as possible, holding Alter Ego. She did the same and we both silent stared and watched the door opening.

Angela: Y/N-

She stopped when she noticed that I was holding Alter Ego in my arms. She remained still for a while and spoke up with her calm voice.

Angela: Y/N, Alter Ego, what are you doing?

Y/N: Sorry, I had to calm her down a little before going to work, nothing too bad.

Angela: ...If you say so.

She said that with a menacing tone and turned around before taking a step outside of the room. However, she didn't leave, she remained there.

Angela: Y/N, there will be... sanctions if you do not go, I hope you are aware.

She slowly turned her head and saw a bit of her golden eyes with the light reflected on them.

Angela: ...And I will personally take care of your punishment if I have to go that far.

She then walked away, leaving the both of us in the room with the door opened. We both glanced at each other and decided to get up in order to leave. I closed the door and once we stepped in the work area, the alarms were blaring

Y/N: *Sigh* I have to go.

She nodded and we both went our own ways. I went down the floors and reached the Central Command department as fast as possible before starting to work.

Y/N: ...Insight on Red.

I stepped into the containment room, moved to the Control team for some reason and started writing notes.

Red: ...

Y/N: ...Still looking for a target for you to practice on.

Red: I don't care.

Y/N: If you say so.

I soon left and returned back to my assigned department before taking a moment to breath. I stayed there for maybe 15 minutes and then received my next assignment.

Y/N: Attachment work on Laetitia.

I entered the containment room of the small girl with the creepy music box and it soon started playing, filling the room with the eerie song.

Laetitia: ...

Y/N: ...Don't mind me, just writing... stuff.

I said that while writing a word in my crossword. I looked at the next hint and read it to myself before thinking about what it could be.

Y/N: "Alternative of fear"...

I glanced at the small "girl" and wrote "frightening" before I was allowed to leave the containment unit. Once outside, I saw Alter Ego waiting beside the door. We both waved at each other and I saw her entering after me.

Y/N's mind: At least she returned to normal.

I walked away and then remember about what was happening, I had to go find Hod before she does something dangerous.

...And so I did, I entered her department calmly and saw her crying to herself this time instead of laughing.

Hod: I-I'm not useless, don't abandon me!

I couldn't bring myself to call her so I stood still, waiting for her to notice my presence. She raised her head and I could see her tears on her face.

Hod: Y-Y/N?

She got up on her feet and I saw her legs trembling but I couldn't tell if it was from shock, fear or sadness.

Hod: You... Y-You didn't abandon me?

Y/N: ...

I learned it from the hard way with Malkuth, going harsh on them won't help so all I can do is agree and try to fix the situation.

Y/N: Why would I forget you?

Hod: ...

She wiped her tears from her face and gave me a weak smile, a smile that could crumble into pieces at any moment. She then reached for me and grabbed my hands with hers, allowing me to feel the coldness attached to them.

Y/N: You're cold Hod, what did you do?

Hod: ...I don't know, I don't know anymore, everything is jumbled in my head and I can't think.

She looked at me with a pitiful look and whispered to me with a small voice.

Hod: *Whisper* Who am I?

Y/N: Who are you? You're...

For some reason, my toughts stopped, almost telling me that it wasn't the right answer. Then, another word came out of my mouth, a word that I didn't know why I said it.

Y/N: ...Michelle?

Michelle? Who is that? Why did I say that in front of her? I don't know anymore, I'm just as confused.

Hod: ...

She didn't respond to what I just said and we remained still for a moment before her attention returned to my eyes.

Hod: I regret it, I didn't want this to happen, I swear!

Her hold on me became thighter as she continued to talk to herself.

Hod: I didn't want this outcome, I just wanted you to be safe but you decided to help everyone else instead!

Y/N: What are you talking about?

I asked her that with a low voice, trying to calm her down from her hysteria but it wasn't working, she continued mumbling to herself while holding me with her hands, her legs still shaking.

Hod: She told me that I could bring you back... I... I wanted to.

She started to cry once more and her tears rolled on her cheeks before landing on my suit, turning it a little more darker where the tears were arriving.

Hod: I... I... I couldn't take it, not anymore.

I tried to get away from her but she was insisting on holding me close to her. I tried to remove her hands from my uniform and when I successfully managed to do so, she crumbled on the floor and continued crying.

Hod: I'm sorry Y/N, please don't leave me alone!

Y/N: ...

I didn't say anything and left, I still had a job to do after all. I walked away and reached the door before taking one last glance at her.

Hod: I didn't want this to happen, please, don't abandon me!

Y/N: ...

I left, ready to finish this day once and for all.