Day 25x2: What are the Hods?(pt.2)

Y/N: ...Can you gave me a status of the abnormalities right now?

I asked that to one of the employees and he quickly gave me a file containing the information of every abnormalities in the Central Command team. I skipped through the informations, trying to understand why everything was going worse than usual.

Y/N's mind: There must be a reason for all of this.

I said that to myself and turned the pages at a quick pace, trying to find some hidden information that could potentially let me find the truth.

...Yet nothing.

Y/N: ...

I closed the documents and lightly touched my head, feeling the beginning of a headache for some reason.

*Beep*

Another assignment, I looked down and sighed before getting up from my seat. For some reason the pain in my head wouldn't go away, not matter how much I tried to ignore it. I walked to the stairs and got to the abnormality's department.

Y/N: *Sigh* Here goes nothing.

I stepped inside and felt a shockwave going through the whole containment unit. I looked around in confusion before asking a question.

Y/N: Did you felt that?

QoH: Felt what?

Y/N: ...Nevermind.

I started talking with the girl in front of me, asking her about her current state, if she needed something, etc.

QoH: If I'm lacking something then it would be your presence because it gets boring here.

Y/N: ...I can't do anything about that, it's out of my control.

I mean, I only follow the orders given to me and I wouldn't want to test my luck to much. I know that I do some check-up on the abnormalities without being ordered to do so but I wouldn't want Angela to notice what I'm doing.

Y/N: Anyway, have a-

The alarm suddenly stopped and a cheery music started playing through the intercom system, giving me chills for some reason.

Y/N: ...What is that music?

I asked that to myself as I watched the speaker inside the room I was currently in. I glanced at QoH and she looked at me too with a confused expression on her face.

QoH: Should we be worried about that?

Y/N: ...I can't tell.

I walked to the exit and opened the door before leaving. I went down the stairs and met Alter Ego on the way back. I noticed that she was wearing a hat on top of her head now with a bell attached to it.

 I noticed that she was wearing a hat on top of her head now with a bell attached to it

Y/N: Hey, where did you got that?

Alter Ego: Got what?

I pointed the hat and she touched it with one of her hands. Her eyes widened a little and she took it off in order to examine it.

Alter Ego: Where did I got that? I don't remember having this at all.

Y/N: ...Really?

Alter Ego: ...I'm confused and I'm also even more confused because of that weird music.

Y/N: Glad to know I'm not the only one.

We both gave each other a goodbye and we returned to our departments. I listened to that music, trying to understand why it was playing all of the sudden but there was only one explanation.

...It had to be Hod somehow.

Y/N's mind: The same happened with Malkuth so it's probably repeating the same thing with her too.

As I continued thinking about it, I felt my headache getting worse with each passing second, I was starting to see double and my movements seemed sluggish unlike before.

Y/N: ...

I tried to get up but I tripped and fell back on the concrete floor under my feet. I remained there and then tried to get up once more, only to fall back where I was.

Employee: Do you need help?

Y/N: ...

I tried to open my mouth but no sound were coming out of it. I simply raised my hand and he took it before pulling me back on my feet. He looked at me and I could see him 2 times in my vision, making me confused about which one was the real one.

Employee: Wow, you look like you're about to pass out, you should take a break once in a while.

He gave me a light tap on the shoulder before walking back to his office. I remained still, watching everything spinning around me, spinning to the point that I was about to vomit.

Y/N: ...

*Beep*

I lowered my eyes and tried my best to see what was my assignment, Queen of Hatred. I nodded and carefully made my way to the stairs, my head aching to a point that I thought I could never reach in my life.

Y/N: ...The work is more important or else...

I could feel Angela's eyes staring at me, I know what will happen if I don't follow the orders.

...As I walked past the main room of the Security team, I saw Alter Ego mumbling to herself, holding her head just like me with an expression filled with pain.

Y/N: ...

However, I couldn't stop, I had to do it.... and so I stepped into QoH's containment room before starting an Attachment work.

QoH: Hey Y/N, you don't look too good, are you lacking some sleep?

Y/N: ...

I didn't have the energy to answer her. I blinked a few times and looked at the notepad that I was carrying before taking out a pen in order to write some informations on it.

QoH: Y/N?

Y/N: ...

QoH: Y/N? Please say something...

...But I didn't say anything, I remained silent and continued my work with a powerful headache. I saw the abnormality in front of me taking a few steps closer and grabbed one of my arms.

QoH: Y/N! Please do something!

Y/N: ...

I stopped writing and stared back at her with eyes devoid of any sort of energy that my body could provide. I saw a worried expression on the girl's face and all I could do is give her an emotionless one, feeling like I could pass out at any moment.

???: Alter Ego!

I turned my head and looked outside when her name reached my ears, did something happened. I looked at the ground and saw her holding her head, her eyes filled with tears while she was laying on the floor.

Y/N: ...?

I tried to leave but the moment I took a step, my mind snapped and I fell on the ground, losing consciousness and the last thing that I herd was the panicked voice of Queen of Hatred along with Hod's sad voice.

Hod: I'm sorry Y/N, I don't want you to die!