Day 29: A Path Painted in Red

-Now everything will be fine.

Angela: Y/N, say something.

She asked me that but I couldn't bring myself to answer back, traumatized by what happened in that dark room. She slowly helped me move through the facility but tried to make me speak once in a while, to which I never answered.

Angela: Y/N... Don't give me the silent treatment.

Y/N: ...

She opened a door and I saw the other AIs on the other side, doing their own things. Malkuth was the first one to notice my distressed state and then jumped out of her seat before grabbing my arm.

Malkuth: Y/N, what's wrong?

Y/N: ...

Hod: Y/N? Is everything alright?

Angela: He needs a moment to breath, nothing else.

Hod: Angela, I don't think this will help him, look at his face... he's clearly going to pass out.

Yesod gave me a quick look and then said something while looking at the screen in front of him.

Yesod: Hod is right, he needs to rest.

Just then, the door behind us opened and when I turned around, I saw Gebura looking at me with a shocked expression. When her eyes noticed the changing liquid around my suit, she gritted her teeth and then pulled me out of Angela's grasp.

Gebura: What did you do to him?!

Angela: Gebura, please keep your cold attitude against the employees-

Gebura: You did this... You forced him in that room again, you know what it does to him!

Y/N: ...?

Again? Does that mean I went there before in the past? I don't remember doing so yet her words confuse me.

Gebura: What are you planning Angela? I can tell for sure that whatever it is, it will only leave him with scars.

Angela: ...

She kept her silence and the Disciplinary team's Sephirah dragged me out of the room. Malkuth tried to ask her what was going on but Gebura just told her to fuck off.

Y/N: ...

Gebura: Y/N, say something!

She shook my shoulders and I simply looked down at my hands, now covered by that raindow yet dark liquid, flowing on my suit like it was a river. The trauma of that room remained in my mind and I stayed silent.

Gebura: I'm getting that thing off of you right now.

???: Try if you want, we're not going anywhere Red Mist.

Gebura: ...

She frowned at the mention of "Red Mist" and then punched her way inside of that thing. She soon got a hold of my suit and started pulling as hard as she could.

...That thing kept a hold on me and refused to let go, applying an immense amount of pressure on my poor back.

Y/N: It hurts, it hurts!

I screamed in pain when I felt some needles going through the suit, anchoring themselves inside my skin. The girl gave up when she noticed my pain and then glared at whatever that thing was, it laughed at her pitiful attempt.

???: You will never get rid of us Red Mist, no matter how hard you try.

Gebura: You're seriously pissing me off!