Day 38: Raindrops (pt.1)

-...Sadness says: 'Begone, pass away!' But greed seeks eternity - seeks deep, deep eternity.

BongBong: BongBong!

Charging into the resting area, I could only follow her lead like a broken doll. Many employees observed the girl with starry eyes like she was a monster and kept their distances. On my own, I looked around and saw Alter Ego sitting, watching the both of us with pure shock.

Y/N: Alter Ego!

BongBong: BongBong?

She stopped and saw who I was talking with. Finally able to fight back, it was my turn to drag her and approached the one I wanted to speak with at the end of the day.  To my surprise, she didn't struggle out of my grasp and allowed herself to be moved around.

Alter Ego: Y/N... who's that?

She asked with a feeble voice. Only then I noticed the lack of color in her face, she was livid and her legs were shaking a little.

Y/N: Are you cold?

Alter Ego: N-No, it's nothing.

Y/N: ...

Not buying her excuse, I raised my left eyebrow and showed her that I wasn't going to give up that quickly. Averting her eyes, she stumbled into her words, trying her hardest to sound as comprehensible as possible while avoiding the subject.

Y/N: ...Is it Angela?

As far as we know, she seems to be a common problem between the both of us. There was not much that we could do about it and that was the scariest part, none of us could predict her, especially now that we broke out of the 'norm'.

Alter Ego: N-No, it's-

???: She got Attachment duty with the fetus.

Turning around, the familiar silhouette of Hava slid closer and sat beside the girl, greeting me and BongBong with her wide grin. Meanwhile, Alter Ego shuddered at the mention of the fetus and winced back into her seat.

Alter Ego: Please stop... I don't like it.

Y/N: ...Fetus?

Hava: Oh right, you probably don't remember since you were panicking along with everyone else.

BongBong: BongBong.

Hava: Oh right, who's that?

Y/N: That's BongBong, she's working with me in the Central Command team. She's... unique to say the least.

BongBong: BongBong.

Hava: Oh, I remember now, she's the human pet!

Y/N: The... what?

Hava: Say, did you bring her here?

Y/N: She dragged me here, does that count?

I meekly responded, no point lying anyway. Glancing at the girl with blue hair, Hava's expression shifted from a grin to a pleased look, like she was reminiscing something. Finally, her red eyes focused back to me.

Hava: I stand by what I said, good luck taking care of your pet.

Y/N: My pet? Why ME?!

I emphasized on the 'me' while pointing at myself. First of all, I don't understand what she was talking about and then I'm told to take care of someone like they were a pet, which would be a violation of many rules if the person concerned had a little amount of morality in them.

Alter Ego: He's right. Plus, why do you call her a pet anyway?!

Exclaiming her confusion, she slammed her hands on the table and stood her grounds, taking my side on the debate that had close to no sense. BongBong, in the meantime, looked in my direction and stayed silent.