Day 25.5: Lost in my Thoughts

Everything is dark, I can't see anything. Am I dreaming or did the world perished?

...I don't know anymore, everything is confusing and I can't seem to open my eyes for some reason. I shouted, screamed, begged for someone to save me yet nobody could listen to my pleading.

Somebody please save me...

...

.....

???: Hey sleepyhead, how are you doing?

I couldn't speak, no words could escape my mouth and I was stuck with them in my throat, unable to pronounce my thoughts to the one speaking to me. I tried to grab his hand but my hand phased through his, leaving me empty-handed.

???: Sorry, I was dozing off.

A voice that I recognized responded and I glanced at the one beside me. She had the same appearance as me, making me question about my own existence, why am I here?

???: It's fine, plus you're cute when you're sleepy.

I wanted to protest, I am the real one so why is he talking to her? I tried to scream to make myself known but I could feel the invisible hands strangling me, stopping me from doing anything.

???: R-Really?

She blushed and I felt myself blushing too. After all, we were still the same person so the compliment was also directed at me...

...But I wanted to be the one to receive it.

???: We should hurry before we get into trouble.

???: You mean, before you get into troubles with Kali right?

Kali... that name seems familiar but I can't understand who it could be. I tried to touch the one with the same appearance as me but it was futile, I simply phased through her body like nothingness.

???: Partially since I wanted to learn some tricks from her but also because I don't want you to have some problems because you decided to not show up.

They grabbed each other's hands and I felt like my world was falling apart. Why her? Why not me? We're the same person but I can't understand, I don't want to understand.

I saw them leaving the room and I was stuck in place, unable to follow them. I tried to call his name but no noises reached them, only the silence.

...Then the lights turned off and I was back in the void. I looked around and then saw a light, a light leading me out of the darkness.

...I started walking in it's direction and with each passing steps, I could feel my body getting colder and colder, my heartbeat getting slower too.

I don't have an identity anymore, I'm simply a ghost roaming this place. He can't see me... or maybe I'm not real, what am I?

???: Alter Ego, don't leave!

I turned around and saw him standing in the darkness. I remained still and saw him, the same as before and a pair of begging eyes looking at me. I used my strength and smiled at him before stepping in his direction.

...I don't want to leave, I don't want to die, not yet. I want to be with him, I want to live alongside him....

It's not even a choice, my body simply CANNOT consider the possibility to leave him behind, all alone in this world.

Simply seeing him brought me happiness, almost like seeing someone after a long time.

Alter Ego: ...

As I continued to walk, shadows started to form in front of me. The first one stepped foward and I recognized the leader of the Control team.