Day 27: Disciplinary(pt.3)

Alter Ego's P.O.V.

I saw Queen of Hatred grabbing Y/N before crying her eyes out. I remained shocked by what happened but quickly snapped out of it. In an attempt to help Y/N, I stepped closer but I was immediately stopped by Queen of Hatred.

QoH: Stay away!

Alter Ego: H-Huh?!

She yelled at me with a voice filled with animosity, ready to attack me if I tried insisting.

QoH: You weren't even able to protect him, what makes you think that you can help him?!

She continued shooting deadly glares at me, slowly making me feel like I was a dead weight. I gritted my teeth and tried to ignore her remarks but they kept bouncing inside my head, almost torturing me.

Alter Ego: I-I'm trying! I'm trying to help him, stop judging me!

The previous memories of all the times that I had to see him die passed through my mind, forcing me to watch every single one of them again. I grabbed head and started applying pressure to it with my fingers, hiding them in my hair.

QoH: You can't even accept that you're too weak to protect him.

Alter Ego: ...

They continued looping, not stopping, reminding me of my past failures, reminding me of my past attempts to save him, my past attempts to escape this damned facility with him. It continued torturing me while Y/N was still unconscious.

QoH: Get out of my sight, you're not worth the trouble.

She then started to heal Y/N with her abilities, ignoring my presence in the hallway. My legs quivered in anxiety and I felt my heart ripping in half, I can't even do something as simple as stop him from dying...

...I'm worthless, I'm pathetic, I'm... I'm... I wish that I wasn't useless, I want to be able to help him but I can't do a single thing right, nobody wants to carry a burden like me, someone who isn't capable of doing basic things.

Alter Ego's mind: Patheticpatheticpatheticpatheticpatheticpatheticpatheticpatheticpathetic...

My mind was going against me, forcing my fears and doubts to overwhelm me and soon, I started tearing up from all the negativity in my head, unable to remove them.

Stop looking at me, I tried my best, you don't have any right to judge me! Leave me alone, I not useless, liar liar liar liar liar LIAR LIAR LIAR!

Y/N's P.O.V.

Y/N: ...

I watched in horror the scene in front of my eyes, multiple corpses of my coworkers were laying on the ground, blood leaving them. Along with them, multiple abnormalities were also killed, forever eliminated from this Earth.

Y/N's mind: What the fuck happened here?

I walked through the bodies from both sides and then recognized the ones from fixers, the ones accompanying the one behind this attack. One of the most fearsome threats that we could be against, an Arbiter directly sent against us from the Head.

Y/N: ...

I pushed them aside and kept going, only carrying a weak pistol along with a dagger, still more effective than the equipements that we were given at first.

Y/N's mind: So many bodies... who killed them all?

I continued foward and then saw the final duel, the Red Mist extremely wounded, holding herself up with the sword made of flesh that she carried around during this mess. She was gritting her teeth while facing the Arbiter, a woman with black hair, black like the night itself and black like her outfit.