Day 16: Red

-I will hang his head over my bed. Only then I can asleep without having a nightmare.

Y/N: Well, time to check where we are going.

I opened my files and saw something I was fearing the most, I was moved to the new department.

Y/N's mind: Crap, how am I gonna announce that to Hod?

Alter Ego: Hey Y/N!

I turned my head and saw her walking to me with a bright smile on her face.

Alter Ego: We're gonna be in the same department once more!

Y/N: No way, really?!

I checked her files and saw that she was also moved to the new department along with me.

Y/N: You should go now, I need to warn Hod about my departure from the Training team.

Alter Ego: Be careful.

She left the room and I did the same. I arrived at the Training department and saw Hod minding her own business. I walked to her and she smiled at me when she realized that it was me.

Hod: Hey Y/N, how's your day?

Y/N: Good so far but I have to tell you something.

Hod: What is it?

Y/N: ...I'm leaving the Training team.

Hod: ...

Her smile vanished and I saw one of her eyes twitching for a moment before going back to normal.

Hod: That's a nice joke Y/N, you almost got me-

Y/N: No I'm serious, I'm leaving for the security team.

Hod: Come on now, don't scare me-

Y/N: Hod! This isn't a joke, do you understand?

I saw her eyes getting a little teary and she grabbed the sleeve of my outfit.

Hod: I-I-It's not real... right? Please don't tell me you're leaving me.

Y/N: I can't do anything about that Hod, the manager decided to do so.

Hod: N-No, don't leave me.

Tears were flowing down her eyes and her grasp on me became stronger. I pulled my sleeve out of her hand and successfully managed to do that.

Y/N: I'm sorry Hod but I'm not the one in control in this situation.

Hod: Y-Y/N...

I felt guilt weighing my mind, making it harder for me to turn my back to her but I still did it. I walked out of the room and I faintly heard her sobbings behind me.

...

...

Y/N: So, where's the Sephirah?

I asked that to Alter Ego who waited for me in the Security department, a large area mostly painted green.

Alter Ego: You don't need to see him, he's a slacker and didn't even bother giving us a little speech.

Y/N: Really? That's kinda lazy coming from someone who's our superior.

Alter Ego: True but what can we do about it?

Y/N: Not much really.

*Beep*

Y/N: Our work orders