Day 36: Binah

-Let us meet again as stars.

Y/N: ...

The next day, I was forced awake not by Alter Ego or my alarm but something else entirely. Currently standing in front of the closed door leading inside my room, Angela was looking at my sleepy face.

Angela: Lacking some sleep?

Y/N: I mean, you did wake me up before the alarm, not much of a morning person in this current version of myself.

Knowing the past days, I knew that my routine was greatly changed to the point that I was even questioning most of the stuff that I did before. Lightly touching my forehead with my right hand, my eyes were trying to go back sleep.

Y/N: *Yawn* Anyway, do you need something? As far as I know, you didn't get here just to say hi.

Seeing her closed eyes was enough to keep me conscious for now but I don't think her presence enough will be able to keep me awake. She raised a single eyebrow and gave me a rather unnerving gaze.

Angela: You shouldn't be aware of such a thing, you should stop thinking about those memories.

Y/N: Why? Not like it'll matter anyway, I'll forget about it soon enough.

Angela: ...

Y/N: Plus, you were more amicable in the past, what changed?

Angela: Time Y/N, time is a burden that changes people, even a machine like me. Between us, you truly are the lucky one for not remembering.

Y/N: We're not here to talk about the past, you wanted something out of me right?

Angela: I need you to meet someone, we might as well get this out of the way.

Y/N: ?

She walked away and I followed her, the weight of the sniper rifle in my back reminding me that I could defend myself in case something tried to attack me. I was also wearing the suit from Army in Black so I was confident that I could take care of a sudden attack on my own, it looks sturdy in my opinion.

Y/N: So, where are we going?

Angela: You will find out soon enough.

Y/N: ...Is it the floating brain?

Remembering that mysterious room with the brain that seemed to be still alive, I asked. Suddenly, her back tensed up, clearly unpleased to hear me talk about it. She glanced back in my direction and I could feel a weak glare emanating from her.

Angela: No and this subject will not be brought up again.

Y/N: Sorry.

I quickly defused the situation and she nodded in acceptance, resuming her walk. I took a moment to catch my breath and followed her, going deep inside the facility until we arrived to the Disciplinary team.

Y/N: I've already met Gebura though.

Angela: I know, we're not here for her.

Y/N: ?

We walked past the department and she called the elevator on the other side. The door slowly opened and we stepped inside, the elevator closing behind us. Feeling the ground below us move, I looked at the AI standing beside me with a slight worry.

Y/N: So... who are we meeting?

Angela: You will see.

She had a smile in the corner of her lips, definitely not a good sign if it's coming from her. I averted my gaze and the door opened suddenly. She took the first step outside and turned in my direction, waiting for me to follow her.