Chapter 88

Stephanie's POV

"Nah." Matt says, not even looking up at what I'm holding.

"Matt, you didn't even look." I laugh and walk closer to him, then grab the phone out of his hands. He's been so distracted by it lately.

"Hey!" He finally looks up and reaches up to get it, but I back away and set it on my dresser. He sighs and lays back down on the bed. 

"So, do you like this shirt or not?" I ask, once again. 

I was trying to pick out an outfit for tonight, but Matt wasn't really participating with me. He's the one who invited me to this stupid party anyways. Well, technically Jack and Jack invited everyone.

It's been 5 days since I last saw Alexis at Lily's place. I haven't told Matt about anything that's happened and I plan not to. Not yet. I still hate the fact that Lily is blackmailing Alexis into doing all of this stuff, and the fact that her main target is me.. just so she can have Matt and take advantage of him. I hate it. I hate all of this.. I hate her.

"Don't wear purple. Wear black or something." Matt laughs, "Don't forget, it's a highlighter party."

"A highlighter party?" I ask, walking back to my closet to grab out a black shirt instead.

"Yeah, like the whole place is gonna be a blacklight. So anything that's a light color is gonna glow." He says, "There's gonna be neon paint and highlighters to put on your skin, it looks pretty sick actually."

"So all the boys are going? Including like, Shawn and Aaron?" I ask.

"Yup!" Matt sits up on the bed and watches me.

"It'll be nice to see them all again." I smile.

Matt just nods his head and smiles back. He suddenly stands up and walks towards me, grabbing my waist once he reaches me. He gives me a random hug and then pulls away. I scrunch my eyebrows together once I see him smirk and walk back towards the bed. What was the point of that?

He lays down on the bed and then all of a sudden, I see his phone in his hands again. 

"Matt!" I laugh and walk over to the bed. 

The only reason he came to hug me was to grab his phone that was on the dresser behind me. Sneaky. 

"What?" He smirks, obviously knowing what he just did. "Smile babe." He says and I hear a camera noise. I quickly cover my face but I'm too late. "Sorry, had to update my snapchat story." He smiles.

"Whatever." I roll my eyes and throw all of my clothes back into my closet. I don't even care what I wear to the party anymore. 

"Come here." Matt opens his arms once I turn around to look at him.

"No."

"Please."

"No!" I laugh.

Suddenly, Matt jumps off the bed and runs up to me while wrapping his arms around my body. He picks me up off the ground as I let out a little squeal and he plops me down on the bed with him. He hovers over top of me and quick kisses my right cheek, then my left cheek, then my nose. I start giggling as I wrap my hands around his neck and pull him down. His lips touch mine for a minute, then he slowly pulls away. 

He lays down next to me on his stomach, so I flip over and lay on my stomach as well. I move closer to him so our shoulders are now touching and my feet are in the air behind me. Matt grabs his phone again and I see him go on snapchat.

He turns the camera to face us and I immedietely lean my head into his shoulder and cover my face. "Babe." He whines, "Take a picture with me."

I finally lift my head back up, but rest it down on his arm. He lays his head down next to me and holds the camera out on the bed in front of us and snaps a few pictures of us making funny faces. He then turns his head to the side and kisses me on the cheek while taking another picture, so I do the same to him.