Chapter 84

Stephanie's POV

"What do you mean?" Nash looks at me with a worried look. 

Without answering him, I start pacing back and forth along the sand. So many thoughts begin to run through my mind and I can't seem to process anything. I dial Matt's number again, but it just keeps ringing and ringing. No answer.

"Steph." Nash says, but I don't answer.

"Steph!" He eventually grabs me by my shoulders and looks me in the eye. 

"The cops." I finally look up into his eyes, "Oh my god." I whisper, pushing Nash's hands off my shoulders.

"The cops?" He pulls his eyebrows together.

All of a sudden, I take off sprinting towards where I saw the police earlier. I hear Nash calling my name from behind as he's chasing after me, but I don't stop. I run as fast as I can, even pushing through some people. The loud music is making my head pound and I suddenly feel dizzy, but I keep running.

And that's when I see him.

I drop to my knees without even realizing it and cover my face with my hands. I look up and see Matt being dragged into the back of a police car, with his hands cuffed behind his back. 

"Matt!!" I scream at the tops of my lungs. I push myself off the ground and run towards the car, but a cop stops me in my tracks before I can reach the door. "Matt!" I yell again. I shove the cop away from me and run up to the car door, just as it's shut. I pound on the window, but I'm pulled away. 

"Miss. Please step away from the vehicle." A deep voice threatens me, holding a tight grip on my upper arm. 

"What the hell happened? Why is he in there?!" I scream, tears beginning to roll down my face. I struggle to get out of the man's grip but I have no chance. 

I quickly turn my head once I see Nash finally catch up to me as he leans over with his hands on his knees, obviously out of breath. The second he sees the situation, he runs up to me. The cop eventually lets go of my arm when he sees Nash. I sprint up to Nash and wrap my arms around his waist, while crying into his chest. "Get him out of there Nash!" I cry.

Nash pats my back softly, but lets go. He walks away from me and up to the cop who was just holding onto me. I notice the cop car that Matt was in start to drive off slowly, but before I can start chasing it, I'm pulled away by another officer. Again. 

"Sir, can you please just tell me why he's going to jail?" I hear Nash ask.

"Jail?!" I scream, "Are you fucking kidding me? He didn't do anything wrong!" 

The officer lets go of me as I walk up next to Nash, angrily. "I'm sorry, but your little friend was caught with possesion of illegal drugs." The man said, "We found him passed out on the bathroom floor about an hour ago."

I laugh and shake my head, "That's impossible, he's nev-"

"How did you find him? Did someone call?" Nash interrupts me.

"Yes. We got a call saying there was a teenage boy on the floor in the bathroom stall and when we came to check it out, we founds drugs in his possesion." The officers says, "I'm guessing you guys are his friends?"

"Girlfriend." I correct him.

"Just a friend." Nash chimes in.

"Matt never had any drugs when we got here, how is this possible?!" I question. "He can't go to jail! Can we bail him out or something?"

"How much would it cost to bail him out?" Nash asks. He's acting way more calm than I am. 

"It all depends." The cop says, "Couple hundred.. couple thousand."

"Couple thousand!" I shout, "Nash this is bad." I try to hold back the tears, but I fail. 

"You can stop by to see him tomorrow morning before his court appearance and decide after that. But for now, there's nothing I can do about it. Sorry guys." The man says and hops in his car, driving away along with the other officers. 

I fall into Nash's arms as he holds me tight. I watch the cars drive away and think of all the possibilities of how this could've happened. Of all the times I've been with Matt, not once has he had any possession of drugs. This can't be happening. I know Matt. I know what he would and wouldn't do. And he would never do drugs. 

"We'll get him out of there, don't worry." Nash whispers, slowly rubbing his hand up and down my back.

...

I fall onto my bed and grip my pillow tight. It feels so weird here without Matt, especially at night. My mind starts going crazy as I think about all of this. Did Matt actually have drugs? No, he couldn't of.

I hear a light knock on my door, making me sit up and fix my hair quickly. "Come in!" I say, but then sigh. As much as I hoped Matt would walk through the door, he didn't. It was Nash. "Hi." I say quietly.

"Are you okay?" He asks, sitting down on the bed next to me. 

"Yeah." I shake my head and force a smile.

"You don't have to lie Steph, not to me." Nash's blue eyes stare right into mine. He's right. I shouldn't lie to him, he's been with me through a lot of things and I'm so glad to have him with me.

"I'm just so confused." I whisper and look down, picking at my nails nervously. 

"So am I." Nash sighs, "But just listen to me.. we'll find out what exactly happened tomorrow, okay?"

I nod my head, "Hopefully."

"Now just get some rest, and don't overthink everything." He assures me and I slightly smile at him.

"Goodnight Nash."

...

PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT, IT MEANS A LOT TO ME :)