Chapter 94

Stephanie's POV

I've been sitting in my room all night and never went out once. Once in awhile someone would knock on the door, but I didn't answer it. My suitcase is still sitting on my bed, empty.

Everything with Matt just happened so fast and I don't know what to do.

I look at the time on my phone and see that it's 2:00 AM. I sigh and get off the bed and slowly open the door, peaking out. It's so dark in the apartment, therefore I can barely see anything but I continue to walk out anyways, using the light on my phone to guide me.

I make my way downstairs and out onto the balcony, overlooking the gorgeous city of Los Angeles. I lean against the edge and just stare at all the lights.

Suddenly, I hear a noise coming from inside and I quickly turn around. When I see Matt walking towards me, I swallow the big lump in my throat to keep me from crying. His long hair is all messed up from sleeping and he looks exhausted. He rubs his red eyes and walks out onto the balcony next to me.

"Couldn't sleep." He says, his voice sounding tired.

"How'd you know I was up?" I ask.

"I heard you come out of your room." He says and leans up against the edge next to me.

"Oh."

It's quiet between us, neither of us wanting to speak first. Having him being this close to me makes me want to hold him so bad, but I know that now's not a good time. Since this is awkward, I decide to talk and break the silence.

"Matt, I didn't cheat on you." I say quietly.

"I know." He sighs, "Nash told me."

"He did?"

"I was so worried that night waiting for you to come home. Why didn't you just tell me that a guy took control of you?" He asks.

"I was scared, I guess." I shrugged.

"Why can't you ever just be honest with me?" He sighs.

"Because Matt, I don't want to hurt you." I say, truthfully.

"By not being honest, you're hurting me even more." He says, "I just don't know if I can do this anymore."

I bite the inside of my lip and try as hard as I can to not let a tear come out. Of all the good things that come out of relationships, one bad thing can just rip them apart.

"If that's truly how you feel, then I have to accept it." I say and try to stay calm, "After what you said yesterday, I might as well just go fuck Nash behind your back." Is the last thing I say, before turning around and walking back inside.

"Steph." Matt says and follows me.

I don't answer him.

Suddenly, he grabs my hand and spins me around to face him. He grips my neck and pulls himself in to connect our lips. I'm surprised and I want to pull away, but I can't. I'm trapped back into him and can't control myself.

He backs up onto the balcony again and turns around, pushing me against the edge with our lips still attached. He grabs my waist and lifts me up to sit on the ledge, just like the very first day we were here. I open my legs so that he can fit in between them as he kisses me more intense.

I run my fingers through his hair and pull at the roots, when he moves his lips to my neck. I tilt my head to the side as he begins sucking on my skin.

"Matt." I breathe, while lightly trying to push him off of me. I don't want him to stop, but I know that it's for the best.

He finally backs away from me and just leans against the edge again, without saying anything. I jump off the ledge and turn around to lean against it as well.

"Sorry." He mumbles.

I don't say anything.

"I'm serious." He turns to look at me, "I'm sorry for what I said last night, I was pissed and I didn't mean any of it. I don't know what I was thinking. I know that you would never hook up with Nash. And I'm sorry, for everything. I got no sleep last night because all I could think about was you."

"I should be the one apologizing." I say without realizing it. "I need to be more honest with you."

I look at Matt and he just nods his head and looks down.

"I have no idea what I'm doing with my life." I say and finally, a tear falls. "I'm just a seventeen year old girl who dropped out of school just to move across the country to be with a boy that I met over the summer."

Matt puts his hand up to his chin and looks at me, as if he has no idea where I'm going with this.

"So many things have been happening lately and I'm just so confused that I never stopped and thought about what I want to do. Who I want to be." I sigh, "I feel like I'm just following you in your footprints."

"So, what are you saying?" He asks. I think he's finally starting to understand he just doesn't want to accept it.

"You said you can't do this anymore, and I'm agreeing. I can't do this anymore either, Matt." I say.

"You can't just leave." He says, his voice cracking.

I decide not to tell him about Lily being involved with this decision, because I think it's for the better. And it's true, she won. She always wins.

"Well, I'm going to." I say, "Sorry." I look at him one last time and walk back inside, but this time he doesn't stop me.

Before I go up the stairs, I look back at him out on the balcony as he runs his fingers through his hair and paces back and forth. I watch as he screams out, "No!" He suddenly begins crying and I can hear his sobs. I don't think I've ever seen Matt like this.

I run up the stairs and into my room, slamming the door. I quickly get underneath the covers and hold them up to my face as I begin crying even harder. I try to catch my breath, but the tears just keep pouring out.

I get out my phone and decide to call my mom. I know it's way too early in the morning, but I know that she'll answer.

"Honey? What's wrong?" She picks up, worried.

"Mom I'm coming home." I quickly say, between sobs.

After talking for about an hour, I hang up. The next flight leaving LAX is tonight at 7:00 PM and I'm getting on it. It's gonna be hard, but I have to. That means I have 15 hours to go.

15 hours left with Matt. And I may never see him again.

I finally close my teary eyes and lay my head on the pillow. Maybe if I just fall asleep, then I can forget about everything for a few hours.

...

I'm so sorry omg

it's coming to an end verrryyy soon :(

please vote and comment!

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY <333