05 || Hello, My Friend the 5Am Sun

"Don't forget to train."

"Obviously."

"And don't forget to check up on your wounds. You're always underestimating whether your wounds have healed or not."

"I know."

... ... ...

After almost all of the kids in the dorms were asleep, you sought out a spot to train yourself. Whether it was a small spot to hit a tree repeatedly, or a large patch of grass and dirt with sticks and stones, you needed some sort of stamina booster.

"Nova, please give me something to work with here." You sighed after giving up.

Nezu told you, at some given point in time, not to use school property for your training exercises because you could potentially destroy it.

Nova, your artificial intelligence specially designed by Mr. Stark, just like EDITH for Peter, can do anything a phone or computer can do and more. Instead, it's not a pair of glasses, it's a ring.

"Two hundred feet away, behind those trees to your right, is a grass spot the size of the fountain at Central Park."

"Any privacy?" You asked her.

"Yes, if you refer to the surrounding trees as privacy." She answered.

"That's okay with me." At this point, you'd take anything. Anything that would allow you to at least spread your arms out without worrying about getting hit with a tree stump meant it was okay.

Arriving at the spot, it was better than you expected. Sure, it was nowhere near the lushfull valley you dreamed Japan would offer, or a meadow circled by trees with hanging magical vines, it was a dirt spot big enough for three flips at most.

Settling down your backpack, you took out four things: a pair of busted sneakers that could pass as a brown pair of shoes found in the dumpster behind a shopping mall, a water bottle big enough for your average over-dramatic highschool football player, a small speaker, and a towel.

A light breeze caused tree leaves to flow into your hair and fold your t-shirt over the smaller folds. The moonlight was bright enough for visible ground, but not bright enough to see behind a tree or two.

"Thirty minutes." You told yourself. "Thirty minutes and then I can take a shower and go to sleep." Your feet planted into the ground like shoving a shovel into the dirt. Hands gripped into fists and your chest rose from the deep breathes.

"Nova, give me a hard opponent." You kept your eyes shut for the surprise.

A presence was not more than six feet away from you. You could feel its silhouette; its breathing; its height and weight; its stance. You could feel the emotions coming from this hologram, not much more realistic than a cartoon character.

You jumped underneath your skin when you felt the bolt of energy lead a fist towards your head. Keeping your eyes shut, you ever-so-slightly dodged the attack and kicked your leg to wipe the hologram off his feet.

However, you never felt the landing vibrations in the ground. You never felt the dirt form a cloud underneath your nose even though you were so close to the spot.
Opening your eyes, above was an elbow heading towards your back. A sharp pain struck your spine and sent you stomach-flat onto the floor. It was as big as you knew, but not as strong as you anticipated.

You rolled to your left before he could strike again. Again, you struck for the legs and succeeded. He fell to his side onto the dirt and you finally got that satisfying dirt cloud you looked for the first time.