24 || the familiar face

-THERE WAS A LOUD KNOCK AT THE DOOR

-THERE WAS A LOUD KNOCK AT THE DOOR. bakugo muffled a curse and got up to see who was there.

he opened it to see kaminari and sero. you quickly hid under the covers not knowing if bakugo was okay with them seeing you or not, and to be honest, you didn't want to deal with explaining why you were in his bed.

kaminari leaned his arm on the door frame. "hey kacchan! have you seen y/n? we haven't seen them in a couple days. we were wondering if-"

"no", bakugo shut the door and locked it.

you opened up your new phone and checked all the missed texts and calls that transferred from your old phone.

"oh wow, you really did miss me!" you showed your phone screen to him and he grabbed your phone to delete the notifications.

"you're such a brat", you took your phone back and laughed.

bakugo started to organize the homework
he dropped last night. "what happened to you going to your base"

"canceled. and like i said yesterday, i'm on break ever since i passed out."

"what the hell happened anyway?"

"there's some guy with this high tech where he can make anyone see what he wants them to see, i guess sorta like holograms? but it felt weird because he made peter and i seem like we were in the deep blue ocean surrounded by sharks. the weird part is, peter and i were actually drowning."

bakugo looked at you with a scrunched face showing curiosity, but he didn't say anything which allowed you to continue.

"luckily, peter and i are both the smartest people to ever be born on the planet", you sarcastically said while earning a scoff from bakugo, "but there is one problem." your voice softened in realization. the man knows who you and peter are. you've never met this guy and they didn't catch him, so you're at risk.

"what?" bakugo crossed his arms.

"he knows my identity, peter's too."

"did you guys fucking tell him?"

"are you stupid? of course not! i don't know how he does. but i know he hacked into our system because he knew my full name and i don't go by my full name at the team or anywhere else. but the files have my information so he must have gotten it from there."

"is your shitty system seriously that easy to hack into? i would expect more from it."

"i guess. i've always told fury how sheild's system is vulnerable, but nothing has happened like this over the years so i guess they just shrugged it off." your face softened in worry. you have no idea if there were cameras in the warehouse, and even if there was, the man could have saved a copy of the footage.

"what if he reveals my identity.." you whisper to yourself, "peter doesn't have anybody left, all he has is his aunt. what if his aunt gets hurt? he'll be an orphan and-"