57 || this isnt our last goodbye

the sound of explosions echoed though the empty office building leaving todoroki standing behind while also catching the attention of the crowd below.

you shot a web string onto katsuki, making sure you wouldn't fall the next time you go into the spirit realm.

riding on his back made it even harder for him to go so fast into the clouds. he could feel his hands cramp up but he was so close to the clouds.

"please don't hesitate once we are up there." you tried to tell him, but he couldn't hear due to the wind pressure and explosions. "we only have once chance!" you spoke louder, and he heard the tiniest sliver of it.

"don't underestimate me!" he yelled back, "we're killing this bitch!"

it's been fifteen seconds. you're now above the clouds.

you see her, sitting on the cloud. she played with the cloud people like puppets, not bothering to look at the both of you. and to be honest, no matter how peaceful she looked, you had to shoot your shot.

you aimed your wrist, pressed the trigger, and fired the web.

katsuki aimed his hand out and used the last firepower he had, causing the gasoline to light fire and travel towards the lady.

she looked at you, right before catching fire and spoke to you. it all happened so fast though so you couldn't make it out. all you could recognize was the line of fire, explosion, and feeling of falling towards the ground.

after mere seconds, you and katsuki were falling like asteroids towards earth's ground. having no more firepower left, he couldn't produce a big enough explosion to save the both of you.

you held on to him and he held on to you, trying to think of a way to save the both of you before splatting onto the concrete.

"hey!" you yelled loud enough for him to tell what you were saying, "remember when i said to trust me?" he squinted his eyes in response.

the both of you were now entering the height of the tallest building in the area and you quickly webbed his palm onto the building using up the last of the fluid. it was only enough to save one person and of course, you chose him.

and he panicked because of it.

he saw you falling towards the ground as he stayed in the air and he couldn't do anything because of the sudden force pushing you out of his arms. he held his breath waiting for the moment to take you away again. because this all happened so soon, he didn't have a plan for the first time in a while. he couldn't act quickly enough.

but, you stopped falling.

mere inches from the ground, the web you shot onto him before reaching the clouds caught you. you were shivering from the risk as your back faces the ground and you kept eye contact.

thank god.

you ripped the web letting you fall onto the road, only hurting a slight bit compared to what you felt before. todoroki shot a slanted ice wall underneath katsuki letting him rip the web and slide down.

you couldn't open your eyes because of the exhaustion and you couldn't hear anything either. actually, it was too silent.

katsuki ran towards your spot, but a look of confusion overcame him. he looked around thinking maybe he miscalculated your landing and looked in-between people's feet and around for any ambulance that could have somehow been fast enough, but you weren't there.

"where the hell is she?" he cursed to himself, but it was loud enough for everybody else to hear. "damn it todoroki, where is she!"

"i don't know. she was just there and nobody could have taken her without somebody noticing." he was sweating and breathing heavily, this wasn't a fight they were expecting to face when they arrived.