51|| could i be a mentor

PHYSICAL THERAPY SUCKED.

two weeks passed and you were already able to walk on your own without any help from peter or your mom. it was annoying when the nurse and doctor would eye you like a hawk every time you decided to get up to go to the bathroom.

bakugo hasn't texted you back. actually, nobody has beside close family members. in which, you didn't want to admit, but it was kind of heart breaking.

did nobody care? or are they still so surprised you are who you are?

even after two weeks, your name was still on the news and social media. the articles about you not being who people though you would be, all your history like your school and etc, even the small details dating back to your first pet.

jeez, this really is scary.

"hey," peter nudged your arm as you say at a table waiting for a sandwich. he showed you his phone screen, a countdown was displayed. "i've been thinking about it. i don't want you to go through it alone. i'd be a bad friend if i did"

"go through what?" you lifted your eyebrow, "the whole identity thing? nuh uh." you pushed his phone down and shook your head, disagreeing with this entire thing, "you have one family member. when people realize that's all you have, they'll stop at nothing to make sure she's dead."

"they'll find out at some point, y/n. plus, i've already put a lot of thought into it. when this timer hits zero," he switched his app over to photos, "this video will be played on streaming services. it's a picture of you and me."

he showed you a picture of you and him eating on top of the eiffel tower as paris lit below, both of you in your suits with bread crumbs around your lips. you let out a light laugh reminiscing the memory.

"you're going to go from being the quiet nerd in the back of the class to the most looked at kid in the city." you smiled, looking at your hands underneath the table, "i don't know what'll happen to me."

"what do you mean?" peter questioned, "you're going back to musutafu, right? that's what mr. stark told me at least."

you perked your head to see peter covering his mouth with such wide eyes, obviously it was meant to be some sort of surprise.

"what? i can?" your voice exclaimed a bit higher.

"yeah.." his hand lowered a bit in guilt of ruining a surprise again, "he said there's plenty of more missions you could do in that area and uh.. U.A. agreed for you to work along side them."

"i'm not becoming a teacher." your tone dropped into sarcasm.

"i wouldn't let them make you a teacher. you'd create a group of delinquents." you and peter laughed at the thought of it. "no but seriously, maybe you could intern some kids. maybe this could be your thing, helping people who have trouble with whatever they are going through. just like how mine is science."

"and then after they graduate," he continued, "go to other hero schools and help them. i don't know, y/n. you don't have a limit like kids with quirks do, so you could show them all types of things. start an agency-"

"no," you cut him off, "i mean, yes. i don't know. i'm not an adult yet though. isn't that kind of rushing life?"

"our life has been rushed ever since we got these powers." he scooted closer and lowered his voice, "might as well start it now so we don't worry about it in the future."