40 || comfort

-YOU WOKE UP IN A COLD SWEAT IN YOUR PITCH BLACK DARK ROOM. you couldn't control your breathing and your chest refused to move up and down.

you were paralyzed from head to toe and your voice was inaudible. all you could do is see and hear. voices started to grow louder and louder in one ear and out the other. they were hard to make out, but the higher it got the worse the pain felt.

blood started to drip out your nose and you could feel it building up in your throat like vomit. the feeling of being crushed took over your senses and your instincts refused to act.

yet your screams were high pitching in your head, but no matter how much you tried, they wouldn't come out as much as a whisper.

the voices kept on repeating your insecurities. useless, guilty, irresponsible, and unworthy is all that echoed in your head for one whole hour, although it felt like more.

finally, you regained your senses and immediately threw up the blood forming in your throat. the coughs were painful and loud enough for people around you to hear, but you forgot where you were during the moment.

you struggled to breath over trying to get enough air in your lungs. even though you were out of the painful state in bed, you still couldn't breathe normally.

it felt like somebody was holding you underwater with no surface. you tried to stand up and go towards the door, but your legs gave up on you every try.

out of no where, a shadow figure appeared above you, pressing down harder on your neck. this confirmed it wasn't your imagination or an illusion, but somebody actually doing this to you.

the figure picked you up high enough for your head to touch the ceiling. they paralyzed you once again, so now you were just a rag doll.

you started to recognize where you've seen this shadow figure from. it is the same one you saw at the time the building collapsed. it was ruled you saw them because of a gas, but obvious that isn't the case here.

the figure held you over your candle and once the flame touched their body, it immediately retracted and dropped you, letting you gain yourself back.

the first thing you did was run towards the door snd try to open it. as soon as you opened it, the figure pulled you back and slammed the door loud enough to wake your friends up.

bakugo, kirishima, and shoji jumped at the loud noise and opened their door to see what was going on in their hallway, but they saw nothing.

however, they were confused to why you were the only person who didn't look when it seems like usually you'd be the first to.

bakugo decided to knock on your door because he noticed your light was on. when you wouldn't answer, he became a little bit suspicious.

the door was unlocked when you tried to leave, so bakugo invited himself in.

he froze at the sight of blood covering your struck face and something or someone holding you; you were on the verge of death.

the figure could only control one person at a time, so they had a hard time figuring out what to do.

you managed to let a few words escape off your lips, but they were almost impossible to read. bakugo registered the words "fire" and quickly used his blasts towards the figure.

the figure ended up punching bakugo hard enough for him to slam into the wall. it quickly held a lighter and burned the palms of your hands and opened the window to throw you off.

you didn't have your shooters on and since your palms were burned, you couldn't stick to the sides of the building. you were too weak to hang on to the railing and your burnt palms didn't help.

the figure quickly disappeared when it thought its done enough to kill you. you regained your voice and ability to move, but it was still painful.

bakugo quickly registered your position and jumped up and ran as fast as he could to catch your hand right before you slipped.

you were dangling four stories high gripping onto your boyfriends arm. he managed to pull you up and over the railing, securing you in your room.

the both of you collapsed on the floor in the corner of the room. your legs wrapped around his waist and he buried your face into his neck, gripping the back of your head like a football and using the other arm to wrap around your back.

he buried his mouth into your hair and whispered some reassuring comments while shaking.

"i got you. i got you." he repeated himself until he heard you fall asleep in his arms. your blood stained his skin and tank top, but he didn't care.

he couldn't stop thinking about what just happened and what would have happened if he wasn't in here to catch you. you would have plummet to your death and nobody would know until morning.

the thought gave him goosebumps, so he held you even tighter than before to tell him you were okay and in his reach.

his breath was shaky and his skin trembled. he kissed the side of your head regardless of the dried blood and closed his eyes.

he's just now realizing what you really meant by the repercussions of dating you. he has to know stuff like this could happen out of his control and most of the times, he won't be there to help.

bakugo stopped thinking about it and rested his eyes against your head, brushing his fingers through your hair.

he eventually fell asleep, leaving the two of you passed out in the corner of your room. your door was still slightly opened, so kirishima and shoji peeked inside.

they didn't see anything but you and bakugo passed out in the corner of the room with his arms wrapping around your back. they didn't think to do anything besides shut the door and leave.

morning came and you both woke up to the sun light heating your skin, but in a nice way. you fluttered your eyes open to meet bakugo's tired crimson eyes.

before either of you could say anything, you were shocked at the sight of your room looking untouched and the blood on your skin disappearing. your hands weren't burnt and your room looked exactly the way it did when you went to sleep.

"but... didn't- wasn't it-" you stuttered on your words.

"i guess whatever that fucking thing was, it erased all evidence." he stood up lazily and stood you up supporting you with his arms.

you stood in the middle of your room and looked around, still barely awake. you sort of jumped when you turned around to bakugo staring at you.

his eyes began to gloss over and he quickly pulled you against his chest and buried his face into your neck this time.

"god, don't fucking scare me like that."

his voice trembled against your skin and you grabbed a fist full of his top and pressed your ear against him.

"it's not like i wanted to."

this hug was basically unbreakable. it's almost as if it was locked and the key to unlock it was thrown in a river and into another dimension, yet, the neither of you mind.

the both of you separated from each other's touch and you tried your hardest to keep the tears in and keep your lips steady. you didn't want to worry him even more and you wanted him to think you were okay.

deep down, you've never been so scared and useless at the same time and you had no idea why it did that in the first place. you knew it will come back again one day when it realizes you're alive and you don't know what you'll do it when it does.

hi besties i just had surgery so i'm really out of it rn. idk what this chapter was but it was a nightmare i had so why not <3

update: i'm taking a very small break because i'm really overwhelmed with school. i'm sorry, but i'll start as soon as possible :)