47 || open your eyes

before the explosion

you were pulled onto the helicopter by two other people. your tears were blown away by the wind pressure from the helicopter and your face was too scrunched up for anybody to notice your expression.

you didn't look down at him or look back at the school. the main alternative was to remember they were nothing but a group of people you had to become friends with in order to complete the mission. however, that wasn't anywhere near the truth.

the two agents were talking to you, but you had no idea what they were saying, everything sounded muffled and inaudible.

"i just wanna go home," you mumbled but not loud enough for them to hear over the helicopter noise.

your head was racing with a million thoughts. all you wanted to do right now was take a shower, lie down in bed, and binge watch your favorite tv show as you burnt your favorite candle, cuddled next to the on boy you knew you could be yourself around.

but when is the next time you can do that? when will you be able to relax like that ever again?

when is the the next time you'll see him again?

your stomach twisted and your breath hitched. you were three seconds too late before you noticed the gadget the pilot was holding. he held a long tube with a button on the end- sort of like a thicker pen.

you clung onto the two other people and pushed yourself out of the helicopter door before the explosion set off.

present

the two other people flew in the air with you. you have only a couple seconds on deciding how to get down safely, but there were only trees surrounding you.

thankfully, the helicopter wasn't as high up yet so the fall wasn't that major, for you at least.

you knew the other two people had at least a couple broken ribs and bones, but that was better than having a horrible death.

your sound and vision was diluted and your sense of touch is numb. it felt like you were in the middle of life and death- barely being alive but not close enough to being dead.

it actually felt kind of nice.

it wasn't too hot outside and the sky was clear. flocks of birds flew over the accident like they had no responsibility with it. a soft breeze cooled down your open wounds.

the whole world knew who you were now, but you just didn't care.

however, you weren't in the right state of mind.

in reality, the fall did do more damage than you thought. a collapsed lung, a shattered leg and arm, a cracked collar bone, and your spinal cord nearly snapped in two.

you were too weak mentally to find the strength to heal. so many things going on at once, your brain and body couldn't focus on anything.

it was so hard to breathe. you haven't noticed it before, but now you're realizing how much energy it takes to take a single breath in. how much it hurts for your chest to rise with only one single working lung.