26 || a new guardian

-YOU WERE BROUGHT INTO A SECRET ROOM IN THE HOSPITAL ONLY AVAILABLE FOR PROS.
one of the walls in the surgical room was a large glass window. you couldn't see behind it, but there sat fury, stark, nat, bruce, sam, happy, and strange. peter was still recovering from injuries he received in a mission back home.

"this is her forth time here huh?" nat commented to break the silence.

"yes, it is. reminds me to ask you all something", fury says with his arms crossed as he analyzed your current condition. tubes were coming out of both your arms as surgeons surround your body.

he continued when he grabbed everybody's attention, "she needs someone here to do this mission with her. she can't do this alone and this is proof. she's been here for a week and already gotten into too much trouble."

stark decided to say something, "now hold on, she can handle this-"

"no, she cannot", fury interrupted, "i can't believe you would say that after the obvious injuries she's shown over the past WEEK. a week, stark. if you think she can handle it, you're dumber than i thought."

fury raised his voice, "she NEEDS a guardian here. she's a teenager. it would be different if she was an adult, but she's clearly not ready for this."

"i'll stay here", strange responded in a monotoned voice, "i'm always here anyway and i'll keep an eye on her."

"okay. you stay here with her from now on. i'm not asking you to watch her like a parent, but she needs a guardian."

the team and fury decided on strange watching you and by the time they were done, you were finished with surgery. your fast healing helped the surgery process speed up more.

you were brought to a room in a separate hallway from the other patients. your room was guarded with two shield guards while stark, strange, nat, and happy waited for you to wake up. the rest had to leave for something else.

you woke up and managed to get a sentence out.

"i know i said i'm a charm, but i didn't mean a bad luck charm" you joked, earning a soft laugh from everybody in the room.

"even in situations like this, you still joke", stark laughed.

"i mean what am i supposed to do? cry like a big baby?" you snarked. you weren't in much pain, you still felt sore and had a huge headache.

you started to pull on the tubes, but happy stopped you from doing it.

"i feel fine. give me an advil and i can run a marathon", you groaned.

stark rested his face on his palm, "we know you feel fine, but you're staying here overnight. also, we need to tell you something."

"what? am i in trouble?"

the room laughed and stark continued, "no, you're not. we all decided that you need a guardian."

"huh? like a babysitter?"

"no. just someone to be here for when you get into situations like this. this is your third time in the hospital and you've only been here for a week. you rarely got hurt back at home and that's because you knew you had us around. so if someone is here with you, it'll help."

"but i don't want anyone to feel obligated to watch me", you pouted.

"i don't", strange directed towards you, "i won't be here 24/7, but i'm the only one who is quick enough to respond and be at once place in one moment and your destination in the next."

"okay. cool. new bestie to hang out with." you fist bumped strange. you and him always had a weird but comforting relationship.

a guard came in to tell you that you have a visitor. they described him as a young, angry, and loud blonde boy. you laughed and caught the attention of stark and he knew you knew him. it was the young boy who was trying to comfort you after the accident.