52 || catching up

YOUR LEGS SWUNG BELOW THE DESK, LEAVING HIM STARING AT THE SURPRISE.

the class looked back in confusion to why the loudest boy in the class went deafening quiet, standing frozen as if he's been exposed to his biggest fear.

"you look like you've just seen a ghost," you whispered, not wanting to expose yourself to the other kids.

bakugo didn't answer, no, he just slightly shut the door but not enough for it to click shut.

you pushed yourself off the desk towards bakugo, who's eyes watched your movements. he didn't blink once ever since he first saw you. you placed your hand on his forehead, pushing his hair out of the way.

"you okay?" you sarcastically asked knowing he was in shock seeing you, "you're more quiet than usual-" he grabbed your wrist mid air and he squeezed tight.

you sort of expected it.

his other arm snuck behind your back, and the gripping hand softened. he pulled you into a hug, a real one. one he's been craving to do ever since you left him to get on the helicopter that day.

the silence filled the awkward classroom like a crack in a ship underwater.

but god, how much you missed these types of hugs. how long you've been waiting for this hug in particular.

you peeked around bakugo's arm and looked at the door and webbed onto it, closing it shut. the class' eyes widened a bit from the unexpected slam.

bakugo's body has gotten more toned and he's gained more muscle. unlike you, who lost a bit of weight due to the lack of regular care in recovery. he noticed it but- he didn't say anything.

"i'm sorry-"

"don't." he cut you off, a harsh whisper warmed your ear, "don't say anything." he pulled back and rubbed your temples with his thumbs, looking into your eyes as if you'd disappear if he took them off of you, and then shook his head.

"what?", you questioned, confused.

"always getting into shit," he said. "how the hell are you going to get out of this one?"

you wrapped your hands around his wrist that were still pressing down your temples, "because why would i go through that trouble?" you whispered, "i'd rather do it now than later."

"the amount of bullshit you'll get from people for going to this school." he slightly rolled his eyes, until he realized you were pursing your lips as if you knew something he didn't— which you did. "what?"

"you'll see." you pulled his neck and rested your chin on his shoulder, "but for now," you whispered in his ear, "don't worry about it."

"woah!" somebody yelled out as the door opened, "it's y/n!"

"get the fuck out." bakugo's voice raised a little higher every word, threatening the poor sparky boy who was just as shocked to see you. you covered your mouth, stifling a laugh.

letting go of bakugo, you gave him a hug as-well, exposing yourself to the entire class. their faces were a small mix of subtle shock and a smile, while kaminari was still hugging you from behind and rocking you back and forth.

kaminari turned around to bakugo and shot him a grin that basically said "she's mine now", and pissed bakugo off to the maximum level. he 'threw' kaminari off your back and stood behind you like a guard.

you noticed and slightly watched from the corner of your eye, but knew it was regular behavior from him, so ignored if.

so. many. questions. for the past twenty minutes, it was nonstop questions. however, it's not like you didn't expect it, so who's to really blame?