37 || the pier

-A FEW DAYS PASSED AND YOU STILL HAVEN'T SHOWED YOUR FACE AT THE SCHOOL. however, aizawa was told about you staying at the base for a bit.

the bomb threat was deluded and everybody was back at school. it was quiet besides the low whispers echoing the classroom walls.

bakugo looked at your seat and shook his head and threw his bag on the floor. the multiple messages he sent you still read delivered so he decided to give up.

aizawa walked into the room and grabbed everyone's attention.

"today, i'm teaching everybody what NOT to do during an evacuation. do not interrupt me and do not go off track. the sooner we get this done, the sooner we have more time."

"wait, huh? so do you know where y/n is?" kaminari questioned as everybody raised their heads.

aizawa sighed and slowly blinked and scratched the back of his neck, "she's somewhere safe. i don't know the location, but i know she's being taken care of."

bakugo subtlety sighed in relief knowing you aren't out on your own and doing things you shouldn't be doing.

aizawa continued as he faced the chalk board, "she's still a registered student at this school, she just has more privileges."

mina played with her fingers under her desk and looked down, "is she coming back?"

"she has to because she hasn't completed her mission yet. and i hate repeating myself..", he turned around to face the class, "she IS a student here even if she's not training to be a pro like the rest of you. she still needs an education because she left her old high school to attend this one."

the class stopped asking questions when they realized how stressed aizawa was. you were still a student to him and you were tolerable. there was something about you that made others want to look out for you, and they hated it.

at the base, you were staying in a small room with a tiny bathroom. your phone was on your nightstand and you've been ignoring the texts and calls from your friends and mainly answering your family and peter.

you were offered to stay at the base for the rest of the mission and break the contract, and although you thought about it, you really liked being around kids your age and getting to act yourself.

it was confirmed you were seeing things due to a special gas at the building. the girls voice was a prerecorded audio and the bomb wouldn't have made it out of the window in time, so it was an inevitable situation.

however, no one knew what pressure held you down. they came to the conclusion your mind was tricking you into thinking a group of people kept you on the floor so you went along with it-when you could have stood up by yourself.

you shrugged your shoulders and accepted it and begged to never talk about it again. after a few days of staying there, you wore the outfit they provided and was asked where you wanted to be dropped off.

they drove you to a small cafe and you waved goodbye and sat at a table outside.

bakugo felt his pocket buzz and quickly checked his phone. it was a notification from you telling him to meet you at a specific location. he stopped doing his homework and left his dorm as soon as he could, leaving everyone confused to why he was in such a hurry.

he walked as fast as he could to the pier at the beach. there weren't many people because most of them were at school or work, so it would just be the two of you alone on the wooden structure.

you stood facing the horizon while leaning on the railing. the breeze brushed off your hair and folded your clothes in a sloppy manor, but it still felt nice. the only sound were the waves crashing over each other, and the loud steps of bakugo running towards you.