Chapter 18 || The Aftermath

PERCY JACKSON

I was in Tartarus. With Achlys. She was hissing and making me mad again. And I unleashed my full power.

"PERCY! STOP! STOP IT!" Annabeth screamed.

I tried to make myself stop. But for some reason, I wasn't stopping. I kept going, pushing the poison all around me in an effort to kill the goddess out of my rage.

"PERCY! STOP! PLEASE!" Annabeth's choking plea was hoarse and she was falling to the floor, her knees shaking and buckling, skin white as paper.

"ANNABETH!" I yelled but she couldn't hear me.

Poison was all around and when it cleared, I saw the one and only Gaia standing in front of me. At her feet? My Wise Girl. But she was dead. Lifeless gray eyes and cold skin.

"ANNABETH!" I yelled, flinging myself at her.

"This is all your fault," Gaia cackled, "This is all because of you! It's all because you were too foolish and too stupid to think about your consequences. She's dead because you can't control yourself. Your emotions. Your rage. She's dead because you're such a seaweed brain that your couldn't respond to her calls of help."

"No..." I sobbed, "No, no, no, no... It's not true--"

"But it is. You're right. You really are the worst boyfriend in the world."

"NO!" I yelled again, "NO NO NO! ANNABETH COME BACK!"

"Oh... if you don't believe me someone else has to talk the sense into you."

She disappeared and Annabeth. Dead Annabeth was gone from my arms. She was standing there, glaring at me.

"You're sick!" she yelled, "A mental stupid jerk! You left me here to die! You didn't listen to me! You didn't care if I died!"

"No... no I did! Wise Girl I tried everything!"

"Then why am I dead? Your job was simple. Just stop poisoning us! Stop trying to make yourself seem all powerful and make your rage finally have its consequences! Your job was to be a good boyfriend and protect me! But you failed. You failed big time! And now the love of your life is dead all thanks to you!"

"NO!" I screamed, tears flowing down my face.

"You're a monster," she continued.

"I'm a monster," I cried into my dirty palms, the smell of strawberries still faintly there.

"You'll pay for it," she hissed unusually. Like a snake, "You'll pay for everyone's destruction and you will feel pain."

"Annabeth please. What do you mean?!" I cried out, trying to hold her hand but she slapped it away. Hard.

"You will feel agony, Perseus Jackson," I heard many many hisses.

Annabeth was duplicating into a million different versions and coming at me with her dagger. She was yelling things.

"YOU FAILED ME!"

"YOU KILLED ME!"

"YOU'RE A MONSTER!"

"YOU DESERVE TO ROT IN HELL!"

"YOU'RE THE WORST BOYFRIEND EVER!"

"GIVE UP NOW!"

And I woke up with a terrible headache.

ANNABETH CHASE

We had been eating when we had received the call from Madame Pomfrey. Apparently, Mr. Filch had gone to clean up after the Quidditch team and he found Percy laying there, screaming my name. They couldn't get him to wake up, so they had just brought him to the hospital wing. He had woken up and was asking for me.

Madame Pomfrey let us in through the doors.

"It's very unusual, but I think it's--"

"It's PTSD," Jason explained carefully, looking at me, "Percy and Annabeth went through some really tough and traumatizing events that no one should have to see. Percy probably had it worse..." he looked at me again, cautious to say more, as if it would trigger my flashbacks, "but they both had it really hard."

"W-Well that explains why he's screaming Annabeth's name a bunch of times in his sleep. We got him to calm down. He was really panicking and he had a bleeding head. He probably hit it on something sharp in the Quidditch fields. Now he's just resting peacefully."

Demigod dreams are never peaceful.

We entered to find Percy snuggled up under a bunch of warm blankets with a big bandage over his head and pale skin that could rival Nico's. We sat there for a little while before his eyes snapped open and he took deep breaths.

"Hey, hey, hey," I took his hand in mine, "Percy, you're okay! We're safe! We're not down there anymore!"

"Y-You were dead and it was all my fault and Achlys was telling me that it was and I was telling her it wasn't but she kept making me know that it--"

"It's not," I shook my head, "You are the best thing that's ever happened to me. I would never let you think that. Ever in my whole life."

He seemed to relax and I adjusted the drooping ice pack on his head.

"Come on," I smiled.

"I FEEL FREEEEEEEEE!" he sang really weirdly, which earned him a punch in the arm from Leo.

"No, no, no, no, no, you do it like this. Ahem... EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!"

Percy joined in.

"EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!"

"Shut up both of you!" Madame Pomfrey snapped and we were all pushed out of the hospital wing.

We all walked back to the common room and guess who confronted us? I don't even need to explain it anymore, it's always gonna be Harry Potter. Harry looked Percy from head to toe. What? Is he going shopping for a new ego?

"You know... I didn't expect you to collapse like that. Now thanks to me, everyone knows. They're gonna think you're a little baby," Harry smirked.

"YOU!" I exclaimed, pushing him hard against the wall, "YOU SON OF A BITCH! YOU CAN'T SAY THAT THIS WILL MAKE HIM SEEM WEAK! HE'S BEEN THROUGH A LOT OF TERRIBLE THINGS JUST FOR THE SAKE OF THIS WORLD AND YOU DECIDE TO MOCK IT! HE HAS PTSD YOU FREAK! F**K OFF!"

I pushed him so hard that he flew down the whole hallway. 

"That was awesome," Percy grinned and threw on shades, "We out."

We all threw on shades and walked out of there like a squad of bosses.