Chapter 58 || Battle Ain't Pretty...

PERCY JACKSON

"No, I'm not giving you blue fried chicken!" Annabeth groaned, "We're about to head off into the battlefield to fight Voldy Moldy and his followers! IT'S LITERALLY THE FINAL BATTLE!"

"Might as well die thinking about fried chicken!"

"OH YOU STUPID SEAWEED BRAIN!"

"Just diffusing the tension," I shrugged and took a bite of a fat cake, "Mmmmmm..."

"Stop eating!" Hermione slapped me.

"Ouch!"

"Yeah!" Annabeth slapped me again.

"Ouch!"

"Oh gods, I see them," I said, staring at the sky.

"We still need to figure out how to get him out of you! Otherwise you'll be the main thing keeping him alive!" Hermione hissed.

"How am I supposed to do that?" I hissed back.

"I dunno... Harry killed himself the last time, but Voldemort would know never to make that mistake ever again!" Hermione yelled at me.

"Something tells me we're gonna be fighting for a long time," I said as Flitwick put up his defense barrier and the sparks began to rain down.

McGonnagal had gathered us all.

"We are going to fight and we're going to win," she claimed, "No matter what happens."

"I may be old," Dumbledore took the stage, "But I'm not useless. I will fight."

The Order of the Phoenix was suddenly there.

"Us, too."

We all stood, staring up at the sky, hoping the barrier would buy us time. And that's when I remembered. Fried Chicken.

ANNABETH JACKSON

"What the f--"

"Annabeth, not the best time to start swearing," McGonnagal slammed a hand over my mouth.

"Students!" I yelled, "ARE YOU READY?!"

"YEAH!" a chorus sounded.

"WE'RE GONNA FIGHT FOR VICTORY!" I yelled, "TO SAVE ALL THOSE WHO NEEDED SAVING!"

"YEAH!"

"WE WANT VOLDY OUT OF THE PICTURE!"

"YEAH!"

"WHERE IS PERCY?!"

"YEAH--WAIT WHERE'S PERCY?!"

"Saw him running to the courtyard with... a tub of chicken and a few fat cakes with a spaghetti taco," a student pointed to the crumbs littering the floor.

"EEEEUUUUUUAAAAAGHHHH!" a sound blasted through the air and that signified that Voldemort had broken the barrier.

"Oh shit," Piper breathed heavily, "This is gonna get real..."

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" the Death Eaters charged.

"Check Percy's bag!" Jason yelled.

"WHAT?!"

"JUST DO IT!"

I grabbed Percy's backpack and stared.

"Hard butter... and a sock."

"You watch iCarly!" Jason shoved my arm before whipping his sword out.

I shoved the butter sticks into the sock and had my dagger at my side.