Chapter 19 || The Big Surprise

HARRY POTTER

Why is everyone so excited? And they're whispering about Percy? I thought I had gotten rid of him already!

"Ron!" I hissed.

"Harry," he greeted coldly.

"Oh, don't go cold on me, Ronald. Why is everyone whispering about Percy?"

"He's gonna propose today, you git," Ron spat.

"Why are you so angry? You should be pleased to be my friend--"

"Pleased?! I'm ashamed! All of your jealousy towards Percy has only brought me bad and nasty remarks. I'm done! I don't deserve it! You're a terrible person! Trying to use someone's PTSD against them is something only You Know Who would do. You're no better than him. The sooner you see it, the better."

He whipped around but before he left, he stared at me over his shoulder.

"I really hope you can change, mate. I really do. But if you can't, so be it."

And he left me there, frozen.

PERCY JACKSON

"Alright! Everyone! Positions!" Piper called.

She was wearing a pink headset and had a pink clipboard and a bunch of different pieces of lined paper.

"Alright," she pointed to Thalia, "Where are you going?"

"I'm gonna go with Annabeth to the library to create the distraction."

"Hermione?"

"I'll be coming with Thalia and spreading the word to people not to tell her because it's a surprise. Though the girls might try and spoil it for her, so I'll close off the library so it's just me, Thalia, and Annabeth."

"Good thinking," Piper nodded and looked at Jason, "What about you, Sparky?"

"I'll be setting up the scavenger hunting tools in the different areas."

"Good. Nico?"

"I'll be uh... most likely filming everything and doing security through the shadows."

"Okay. Hazel?"

"I'll be decorating in the Great Hall."

"Nice. Frank?"

"Same as Hazel."

"KK... Leo?"

We all turned to Leo.

"I'll be cooking with the cooks and being head chef," he put on a little chef hat that instantly caught on fire.

"DO NOT SPOIL THE FOOD," Piper grasped his shoulders.

"What will you be doing?" he asked Piper, furrowing his brows.

"I'll be commanding the event. Think of me as a wedding planner--"

"Piper we're not there yet--"

"But you'll get there," she put a finger on my lips, "I'm gonna make sure Annabeth looks extra pretty today because we're gonna have a bet. So if a coin flips on heads I get to do her makeup and dress her up, but if it lands on tails she can teach me as much architect as she wants. But the coin is double sided with heads, so she'll have to get a makeover either way."

"Good thinking," I said.

"Exactly," Piper popped a piece of bubblegum in her mouth, "Now everyone! I've each given you a small earpiece so you know exactly what to do because I can't trust you."