Chapter 55 || This Has Gone Too Far...

PERCY JACKSON

Day 3 of being without Annabeth, and I'm actually kinda happy in a way. I'm still mad at her, of course. Suddenly, an Iris Message appeared.

"What?" I snapped when I saw her face.

Aw... she's so beautiful--Percy! You and her are in a fight!

"I wanted to introduce you to my Harry."

"Wha--"

And she kissed him. Right on the f**king lips. Harry's face showed that he didn't know what was going on, not sure whether he liked it or not, and not sure why this was even happening. I glared at the Iris Message before it literally burst into flames from the heat of my stare. I rolled over in the soft covers and continued watching F.R.I.E.N.D.S, trying not to think about Annabeth.

But I didn't think she'd do that! How... How could she do that to me? Her 'so called seaweed brain'?

"Sonia!"

"Yeehee!"

"Can I have some chocolate chip pizookie?"

"Yes, Mr. Jackson."

She skipped off.

ANNABETH JACKSON

"Whadaya say about that..." I trailed off when I saw that the Iris Message was gone.

"Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait," Harry stood up, "Look, I get you and Percy are in a fight and all, but... you're just being weird. Like... why would you go so far to kiss anyone? Especially me?"

He got up and left me, saying nothing else. I remembered Percy's glare at the end of the Iris Message and how his eyes practically said 'I'm not coming back'. He wasn't coming back--HOLY HERA!

___

I ran into the common room.

"Percy literally might not come back! Shit, shit, shit, shit, shit... I've made the worst mistake ever in my entire life!"

"Well, not really. Uh... Zoë is kinda dangling off the side of a tower right now."

"WHAT?!"

"Yeah. Uh... if you listen closely you can hear her crying."

I heard the screaming and wailing.

"PAPA! PAPA! PAPA!" she was yelling at the top of her lungs.

Until her baby voice was so sore she couldn't yell, only open her mouth pitifully as the wind blew her and she shivered from head to toe.

"I've gotta go get her," I said, "Ugh! I can't ride broomsticks!"

"I'll get her," Jason flew over and swooped her into the Gryffindor common room.

Zoë was shaking, baby legs collapsing under her every time she tried to walk.

"How long was she out there?" I asked frantically.

"About forty-five minutes. Sparky and I just got back from the Leaky Cauldron on our date. We didn't know anything."

"Oh... gods! She could've died!"

Madame Pomfrey was suddenly there.

"Zoë, darling! Oh, dear... Here's some heated blankets."

Zoë disappeared under the bundle of blankets and Madame Pomfrey spooned some fresh honey out of a comb. She fed it slowly to Zoë before giving her a baby thermos bottle filled with some hot chocolate-flavored baby formula. After a few minutes of resting, Zoë suddenly laughed and hopped around in her cocoon of blankets.