Chapter 37. [part 02]

CHAPTER 37: the child

vote and comment

"Oh, uncle Clark, I didn't see you there." how the fuck did I manage to land myself in this predicament? He's always been a buzzkill—even my father says he was when they were younger, "is something the matter?"

"I don't suppose I should remind you of your place in this family. You influence the children here so please refrain from any...inappropriate behaviour." I arched a brow, not at all surprised he said that. He's my uncle, after all so I could hardly blame him, but even then, I couldn't help the annoyance that was building up within me.

Don't argue with him, don't argue with him, don't argue with—

I grabbed Liam by the hand and pulled him after me as we both made our way towards my uncle and past him. He stared at us like he was some overly posh person. Inappropriate, huh? Huh? All I did was kiss him?

"Snooping in other people's business is dangerous, uncle. Don't worry, I don't kiss and tell," I muttered to him as we walked off through one of the double doors and away from him. Dickhead. My hand was still tightly in Liam's as we headed through into the kitchen, but not before he pulled me hard against his chest.

He moved his hand up my neck softly, his touch hot against my skin when lifted my chin up. A gasp escaped my mouth as he smashed his lips against my own and even though I was as close as I could get, I pushed myself closer to him until there was little room left. My mouth opened, his tongue moving against mine before he pulled away.

I let out a heavy breath, his fingers scorching against my chin before he leaned down to pepper the crook of my neck with small kisses. I don't know where that came from, but I definitely wasn't complaining.

He watched me for a second longer with his usual dark eyes before pulling me along with him into the garden, silent as we stepped out. People glanced in our direction unsurprisingly, but he seemed to ignore it completely, most of his attention upon me.

"Liam? You okay?" I spoke as he looped my arm through his own. When I glanced up, I watched him swallow hard whilst his eyes almost seemed out of touch like he wasn't actually staring at anything in particular, "Liam?"

His head snapped in my direction quickly before a smile appeared on his face although it appeared slightly strained. He couldn't—no—he was. He was pissed with what my uncle said.

Oh, this was funny and also cute, I thought, leaning my head contently against where his shoulder ended. I enjoyed his company a lot more than most people at the party so I would prefer to remain by his side. I could also tell he was deeply uncomfortable being around my family despite not showing it so much.

But as I stood there by his side, the feeling never faded. I know something will happen and I've always trusted my instincts.

"Right, everyone, time to find out the gender!" Zane shouted, downing a glass of champagne down with his arm around Sofia. They were at the table with a two tier cake next to them. Two cream coloured balloons were on each side of the table.

The men from inside the house came outside and gathered around the side as Zane went to the other side of the table to grab the balloon. Nellie walked out and and gave both Zane and Sofia a pin before heading over to me and Elaine.