E P I L O G U E

E P I L O G U E

[mature]

[this is officially the last part of the story. as i do with my other books, i will be editing it, but not for a while as KING OWEN is my priority for editing rn.

please read the final notice at the end of the chapter :) ]

I busily finished cooking some lunch, the TV in the front room just next door on the news

I busily finished cooking some lunch, the TV in the front room just next door on the news. Little baby was starving and Russell wanted to come over on his break so I figured I'd cook something for all of us.

"Businessman, Brett Archer—who was arrested over obtaining illegal substances through the use of his company's facilities—will be facing trial this Saturday..."

I paused suddenly, peering through the slightly ajar door that led to the front room to see Brett being bombarded by cameras as he attempted to pass through with his lawyer.

He definitely looked rough, more so than he usually did, I thought. I let my hand rub against my belly, acknowledging my baby with a small smile, "I hope you never have to associate with people like him, my baby."

"Who are you talking to?" I yelped, spinning round to see Russell stood there with a bag of groceries in one arm and his other arm on his hip. He was dressed in his work suit, looking devastatingly handsome as he usually did and upon placing the bag on the counter, he joined me at my side.

Russell peeked in as well before averting his gaze back to me, "it's a waste, you know. He would've done so well if he didn't let his ego get in the way of his success."

His arm wrapped itself around my waist, his hand covering my stomach where the baby lay. I felt him rest his head upon my shoulder, but his voice was a rough whisper against my ear.

"How is our little one today then? I bought the vitamins you wanted, pastries for dessert and the groceries." I don't think I was able to get rid of the grin on my face even as he removed himself from my hold to unpack the things he bought.

Honestly? He didn't need to go out and buy the groceries for me. I only asked him to get the vitamins before coming to mine, but I appreciated the added effort he put in.

Despite our predicament, we agreed to co-parent our baby, but I enjoyed this sense of family whenever we were together. I questioned exactly how things were between us, but I never felt it was right to bring it up.

Plus, I've never seen Russell this excited about anything until now.

"You didn't have to get all this," I spoke whilst I set out two plates of food at the table, "I was going to go grocery shopping this afternoon anyway."