Chapter 47.

CHAPTER 47: dinner

[yall i changed the borders! for each story, the borders will be different depending on the writing style of a main character and i've chosen for this book: Cassidy :) ]

vote and comment

My mother's antics were slowly gnawing away at me and though I've never usually had a problem with it, the feeling in my gut didn't settle

My mother's antics were slowly gnawing away at me and though I've never usually had a problem with it, the feeling in my gut didn't settle. It was something unusual, like a face I don't recognise and that's what annoyed me. I didn't know what that feeling was even though it was clearly there.

Liam was invited to a stupid staff dinner and even after my numerous complaints about him going, he insisted he should. Especially since he's missed every dinner so far this year. 'I can't put it off any longer, angel' he told me and well, if he hadn't missed those previous dinners, we wouldn't find ourselves in this situation in the first place.

So here I was, taking my curlers out and spraying some hairspray upon my head, fixing certain parts of my hair and threading my fingers through. I'd grumbled for the whole afternoon—I still was, but Liam had grown accustomed to it by now, letting me sigh and strop on the chair by his vanity.

"Cassidy, baby, you know I have to go," he said, exiting the bathroom whilst doing his tie up. His collar was folded up as he began to loop the material around his neck correctly, "I know you want to stay here and cuddle—"

"Don't forget have sex as well," I muttered under my breath, making the man chuckle lightly. Huh, he really thinks this is funny. He's damn lucky my dress looks good for tonight.

Liam initially wanted to go alone because he knew how much I hated the people there, but I insisted on being his plus-one. I guess if he has to suffer then so do I, but also because I know there are going to be other women there who won't be able to keep their hands off him.

I collected a dress from Elaine when she came over to drop it off. Taking my shirt off, I unclipped my bra and let it drop to the floor next to me. My shorts followed after and only when I glanced up into the mirror did I notice Liam's gaze heavily on me, scanning down the curve of my breast to my side.

"Are you going to keep looking or are you going to help me?" I asked him, his eyes flickering up to meet mine in the mirror. The darkness glazed over with lust as he approached me, placing his hands upon my hips as he pushed me back against him. I gasped as I felt his erection press against me, "Liam..."

He chuckled, grabbing the straps of my dress before he lowered to his knees. I put my legs into the dress as he lifted it up to my waist where it tightened on my skin.

Carefully, I pressed a firm kiss against his jaw, feeling the way he wrapped his arm around me and pushed me flush against his chest. My breasts pushed up against his chest as his eyes glanced down to them. Naughty boy, I thought as I swatted him lightly on the arm.