Chapter 39.

CHAPTER 39: ocean blue

vote and comment

Cassidy had previously called Liam that morning to ask him whether he wanted to come over and see her costume for the dance competition

Cassidy had previously called Liam that morning to ask him whether he wanted to come over and see her costume for the dance competition. There was a sense of elation in the way she spoke, probably to acknowledge the fact she was so excited.

The man was happy enough to accept the offer and was now driving into her driveway that late afternoon. He stepped out of a sleek black car, which had previously got cleaned just a few days prior. The sun began to set in the distance behind the trees that lay by the stone wall of her estate, some of the light raining down on the small lawn that he briefly saw on his way to the door.

Lights were on in her front room, which he could see from the large window on the right side of her house. The sun was still reflecting through the other large windows of her studio when he peaked around the place.

Elaine let him in and showed him into the studio where bright orange rays of light came through and glimmered over Cassidy's wooden floors.

"Miss was so excited this morning, you know?" she spoke, moving a few things out of the way such as a discarded sports jacket and a few papers, "she's been dying to show you her costume. Pretty impressive work from Cynthia, I must say."

"I'm sure she looks beautiful in it," Liam spoke back, his knee bobbing up and down slightly at the anticipation and excitement that built up within him. He knew Cassidy was also excited about her costume from the call he got from her this morning, but seeing her in person is what he'd waited for since he heard her voice during their call.

"Would you like something to drink whilst you wait, sir? Water? Some juice?" she asked the man, but he declined the offer politely. Elaine smiled before heading to the door of the room, "she's getting changed so she'll just be a minute."

The housekeeper left the room, closing the door behind her as she returned to her duties. She had grown to welcome Liam into Cassidy's estate purely for the fact he treated her so well. He was polite and never overstepped his boundaries—to be honest, he rarely went close to his boundaries, at all. Sometimes he was rigid and tense, probably still not used to making himself feel at home unless someone told him to.

He had done nothing wrong to her employer so she felt she didn't need to go full protective mother mode on the woman.

Upstairs, Cynthia was finishing off Cassidy's costume, making sure everything was just right as it was on her design sheets. Ever since Cassidy had picked out a song for her dance, she immediately had inspiration for the costume. The woman had spent months making the costume for Cassidy, wanting it to be absolutely perfect for her but also so she could still dance in it. The design was perfect and the outcome couldn't have looked any better to her.

As she sewed up the final pieces of the costume, her best friend walked in wearing her robe before examining the costume over. Her hair was in a ponytail having practiced her routine earlier in the day.