Chapter 42.

CHAPTER 42: my heart for yours

[mature]

[next chapter will also be quite ~steamy~ so yk just a warning 👁👁]

vote and comment

I had never been to Liam's apartment, but it definitely looked like a place Liam would buy. The walls were either white or a dark grey with a blue tint. There were very few things there, probably because he didn't care for materialistic items.

His apartment was a few floors up, overlooking the city below, but he was hidden away from the bustling main streets of the city. He lived in a decently quiet neighbourhood, which was quite the way from his office. There was a dance school nearby his apartment complex as well as a small park.

There was a small couch in the middle of his front room, the TV hung up against the wall. I could tell he hated clutter from the way he kept his place so spacious and clean, but even then it felt homely and safe.

Large windows covering nearly all the walls allowing us to possibly be seen by the people below, not that Liam minded, of course when he planted a kiss upon my lips. It was swift, but nevertheless, had the ability to warm me to my very core.

"Do you want a drink?" he asked as he pulled me through to the kitchen area of his apartment. His hand was firm on my waist as he leaned against the counter, bringing me along with him, "we can celebrate for your win and for looking good whilst doing so."

I giggled, holding my palms flat against his chest to push him away slightly only to see the grin on his face. The competition is beginning to nag me and I know for a fact he noticed my costume. I mean, I must be beautiful enough that he didn't notice, I thought before scoffing slightly from that.

"Hang on, hang on, woah," I told him with a breathless laugh, "there's something I want to get off my chest...about the competition, I mean."

He seemed to notice the sudden change in my voice, causing him to straighten up. Liam knows because he saw me dance in my costume when I practiced, but I doubt he remembered to bring it up after the rush of me winning. I was almost worried I'd ruined it all for him, this hopefulness of me being happy at a potential victory.

"You know that wasn't my original costume. I left it exactly where you put it on the hanger by my bags. Someone took it—thank God Cynthia had a spare costume she'd worked on a few years ago. I was still good on stage, though, right?" I asked him. Liam adored my costume, said it was perfect for me and to be honest, the costume I actually danced with was quite uncomfortable, "I definitely think I didn't dance as well as I could've, probably because I was panicking so much."

"You still won, Cassidy. I don't care what costume you're wearing. I came to watch you do what you love and that's dancing. You probably could've worn a trash bag and I'd still get turned on just seeing you." I felt him place his hands on my cheeks and lifted my face up to meet his, "you still looked beautiful, though if that's what you're worried about."

I shrugged, smiling up at him. Well, I was worried about that, but also how a whole ass costume could disappear.

"If you want, I'll look into whoever stole your costume just for peace of mind, okay?" I nodded as he leaned down to press a firm kiss on my head, "now, come on. I'll get us drinks."

We settled for iced tea and went to his couch to talk amongst ourselves. I was quite content with how celebrations were, something that wasn't too flashy or big. Everyone's probably heard of my win by now, but I didn't dare to check my phone yet. Some peace and quiet with Liam was all I wanted right now.