Chapter 13.

CHAPTER 13: truth

[very important message at the end :) ]

vote and comment

I waited for Liam to get to my house after I called him because...I...I still couldn't believe what I've just been told. I know he may not be the proudest of his actions, but why does it hurt slightly that I now know who he was? He was so kind, so caring yet...that devious smirk on his face with evil intentions in his eyes made me realise how even if a man was utterly perfect, there was always something behind that. Painful memories or a past they wanted to forget and move on from.

Stood in my front room that evening, I waited patiently until I heard Elaine in the hallway talking to someone. A man. I turned around to see Liam stood there, huffing out deep breaths before making big strides through the room to me. He grabbed my wrist and pulled me to him, a hand on my head and smoothing down my hair as he checked me over.

He had no reason so because in the space of twenty minutes, nothing much would've happened to me, but he wanted to make sure; he wanted to reassure himself that I was fine in front of him at this very second.

This is definitely not the Liam who tormented people and took pleasure in seeing people's pain. I couldn't imagine the same delicate fingers upon my cheeks, checking me over holding a gun against someone as a threat. The same dark eyes I admired used to be full of so much poison and pain that it seared through anyone he used to look at.

Out of the corner of my eyes, I saw Elaine simply smile at me before heading out of the room to give us some privacy. As my eyes flickered up, I saw Liam's worried eyes and slight relief gleaming in them.

"Liam, I'm really fine. Nothing's wrong with me," I told him, slightly reassuring him before pulling away slightly and checking me over just once more, "look, I need to talk to you about something. It's quite important."

I promised myself I wouldn't be angry or lash out because like him, I had reasons to hide many secrets and I couldn't just be mad when he did the exact same thing to me as I did to him. That was just immature.

My hand landed on his hard chest and pushed him back from me before I turned slightly, wondering how I was going to word this to him or even how I was going to ask. Still, he was patient enough to just wait, but I'm pretty sure he just didn't know what was going on.

"Cassidy?" his voice came out quiet before I shook my head, whipping round with furrowed brows as the words fell from my lips before I could properly stop them. Courage, I thought, I can't beat around the bush.

"Why didn't you tell me who you really were?" I asked him, my voice serious. My gaze drifted over his confused and still form before feeling my jaw clench, "you're Liam O'Connor, Oscar O'Connor's son, the guy who kidnapped Brielle and Owen. You kept it from me even though I was there myself and...that's why I felt like I actually knew you."

Did he even know I was there myself?

Did he not remember until recently?

He could've easily forgotten who I was because I barely spoke a word to him. Does he remember how I kicked one of his men's ass? Because that was the only highlight of that day and also the day I realised heels were both a blessing and a curse.

"Did you know I was there? Tell me the truth. I promise I won't get mad," I told him carefully and in all honesty, gazing up at him as I tried to get an answer—any answer to come out of his mouth.

To be honest, who would want to tell anyone what happened? The experience was scarring enough for the rest of us, but I couldn't even imagine how Liam must've felt, fighting his own demons as well as his father.