Seventy Nine

I wake up with Marcus' arms wrapped around me and I smile. Last night was amazing, it's exactly how I pictured it. Every single year I'd wish for a New Years where I would have my New Years kiss and wake up next to my boyfriend. And it finally happened. I pick my phone up from my bedside table, and see that it's 1pm. I place a kiss on Marcus' cheek, and get up from the bed and head into the bathroom. Once I'm done in the bathroom I walk downstairs to see what mess there is to be cleaned. I am shocked when I see everything spotless. I walk into the kitchen and see Alanah putting stuff away.

"Good Morning. Or should I say afternoon." She says with a smile.

"Morning." I say leaning on the kitchen bench.

"How was your sleep?" She asks and I smile.

"Good."

"Just good?" She says and I roll my eyes.

"Yes, just good."

"I heard some rumours that you and Marcus didn't just sleep." Alanah says with a wink and I shake my head.

"And who told you that?"

"Baz."

"Don't listen to Baz." I say and she laughs.

"But he's always right."

"You're not wrong about that." I say and she smiles.

"What time did you wake up?" I ask.

"Oh, I woke up at 8." She says and I frown.

"8? Why so early?"

"I don't know? Maybe cause I went to bed like 5 minutes after midnight." She says and I laugh.

"True. And what you cleaned everything up?"

"Yeah, it wasn't that hard, you know, since you and Marcus virtually cleaned everything up this morning." She says and I nod.

"Is Josh still sleeping?" I ask and she shakes her head.

"Nah, he's up. Just lying in bed."

"Right." I say. During our moment of silence my stomach decides to grumble, loudly. Alanah and I laugh.

"You must be starving."

"I am." I say and she laughs.

"Well, luckily I got up at 8am, the bacon has defrosted and is ready to be cooked!" She says cutting open the packet of bacon.

"Leave it, I'll make it."

"Relax Em, I can cook for you guys. Plus, it'll get everyone out of bed." She says with a wink and I sigh, giving up and heading to sit down on the couch. The next person to wake up, a few minutes after me is Crippa. He comes beaming down the stairs with a smile on his face.

"Mhmm, that bacon smells so good." He says walking up to see what Alanah is doing.

"It does, doesn't it?" I say and Crippa smiles.