One Hundred and Thirty Three

The next morning we wake up at 6am as our hairdresser and makeup artist are coming at 6:30am. I smile to myself thinking about what the day ahead is going to bring. 

I know that there will be happy tears shed as we have been waiting for this day for months. And once Alanah's Mum starts, I'm going to start. 

I hear some noise from downstairs which lets me know everyone is up, quickly making my bed and running downstairs. 

"Ahh Em, you decided to join us." Alanah says and I smile. 

"Good morning to you too." I say rolling my eyes and taking a seat on the couch.  

"Morning Em." Lara says and I smile. 

"It's 6am, you think I wake up at this time on a normal day?" I ask which makes all the girls laugh. 

"It's actually 6:20 thank you very much." Alanah says and I roll my eyes as the doorbell rings. 

"Yeah see, just woke up in time to get my hair and makeup done." I say with a smile and Alanah rolls her eyes as she gets up to get the door. 

"Hey girlies. Who's ready to get their hair and makeup done?" Makayla, one of the hairdressers and makeup artists says and we all reply with a squeal. 

"Alright, the gorgeous bride will go first, but since I brought Alicia and Tayla along, we can have three girls getting glammed up at once!" Makayla says and we all smile. 

Kimmy, Natalia and Lara let Bianca, Alanah and I get our makeup done first as we are the main people. 

It takes an hour and a half to get my makeup done. I've gone for a full natural look, but you can tell that I have makeup on. 

I have my hair tied up in a nice looking pony tail as that is the look all the bridesmaids are going to be having, although Alanah has her hair in a low bun that is gorgeous. I absolutely love it and how the girls have managed to make a pony tail look gorgeous. 

By the time we're all done with our hair and makeup, it's 7:30. 

"We need to hurry up and get dressed." Alanah says running upstairs and I laugh. 

"Why? Church isn't until 10am." 

"Because, we have to do our traditions." Alanah says as we all follow her up.

"What traditions exactly?" Lara asks. 

"So, it's a Macedonian tradition we do where the best man comes and delivers the shoes to the bride, but you guys have to ask him to pay up and give you guys some money, then once satisfied with the amount of money, you let him in and he gives me the shoes, but puts more money in them." Alanah explains. "It's basically the buying of the bride." 

"That is a very interesting tradition." Kimmy says and we all nod. 

"Wait so does that mean Adam is going to be doing that?" Kim asks and Alanah shakes her head. 

"Nah, we're doing it a little differently. We're getting my cousin Martin to do it." Alanah explains and Kim nods. 

"Okay good cause I can guarantee that Adam would have no clue what to do." She says which makes us laugh.