Fifty Eight

Emilia's POV:

"Dyl?" I say and he smiles. He walks over and pulls me into a hug and I smile.

"I haven't seen you in ages! How are you?" He says and I laugh.

"I'm good, how are you?" I say and he smiles.

"Very good. I had no idea you were still best friends with Daniel." He says glaring at Daniel and he shrugs.

"Of course I am still best friends with him, I'm still best friends with Bianca." I say and he raises an eyebrow.

"What really? What about Alanah." He says and I nod.

"Yep, and Alanah."

"Wow." He says, then he smiles. "You really haven't changed since high school."

"I have, I've just become a better person." I say and he nods.

"We all have." He says, then he sits down on the couch next to Daniel. One thing that I knew is that Daniel and Dylan did keep in contact after high school as they were very close friends. Then they drifted a bit a few years after. I guess they got caught up in their own lives and their own careers that they were too busy to contact each other, which happens a lot. Dylan is a very attractive boy. I have always found him attractive, even when we were in high school. I had a crush on him for ages. I would always hang out with them, when Bianca and Alanah were not at school, which was very rare for both of them to be away. I remember seeing Dyl for the first time in year 7. The first thought that came to mind was that he was going to be so hot when he was older, and I was right. He is such a gorgeous boy and always looked out of me at school, especially when Leo left. Like Daniel, Dylan sort of turned out to be a brother to me, so I never acted on my feelings towards him. I still remember in year 10 when he got a girlfriend. I was so jealous it wasn't even funny. I reckon I ended up jinxing their relationship because not even a few weeks later Dylan broke up with her because she cheated. He was so upset and I comforted him for a good month. We got very close in that time, maybe a bit too close. But I never kissed him and he has no idea that I did like him throughout all of high school. I had huge regrets after high school for not doing anything about my feelings for him, but it happened for a reason and I definitely am not thinking of acting on them now. I have moved on from him and I am fully focused on Marcus. So no tall, brown hair, green eyed boy can stop me from pursuing my relationship with Marcus. I am brought out of my thoughts when he asks me a question.

"So, you're with Marcus Bontempelli am I right?" Dyl asks and I nod.

"Yeah I am." I say and he nods.

"He seems like a good guy." He says

"He is, definitely knows how to treat a girl." I say and he nods.

"Good." He says and I smile.

"So what have you done with your life?" I ask and he laughs.

"Nothing much. I tried to become a professional soccer player but kept getting injured while playing in the reserves which ended my soccer career. But I'm a tradie now, so I'm probably just going to stick to that." He says and I nod.

"Oh, I'm so sorry." I say and he shrugs.

"No big deal." He says and I nod.