One Hundred and Thirty

The next week flies passed in a blur. Most of the week I spent with Marcus, just us two going on little adventures and sight seeing around Melbourne.

Restrictions eased even more this week, so now there is no limit on where we can go, and we can have two visitors at our house a day! 

We ended up spending a night at the house up in Portsea. It was a really nice short getaway from our jam packed lives.

Today we play Geelong, down in Geelong. I am a bit nervous for this one as we for some reason we have a very hard time beating Geelong. No matter whether it's in Geelong or at Marvel. We, for some reason can't beat them. Which is annoying at times. 

Today though we have to watch the game from home, as only people that live in Geelong, or regional Victoria can go to the game. 

Marcus and Baz gather their things and head off to the Whitten Oval, before they head off, I wish them both good luck and give Marcus a hug and kiss. Then they're on their way. 

I take a seat on the couch with Dunks, Ads, Bianca and Alanah after walking Baz and Marcus out. 

"You confident?" Bianca asks and I shake my head. 

"I'm actually not." 

"What you don't trust your boyfriend?" Josh asks and I laugh. 

"Of course I do! It's just that because we've had a bad record against Geelong, and haven't won down at GMHBA since 2003..." 

"True, well I'm sure they'll put up a fight." Ads says and I nod. 

To be completely honest, I just don't think we won't be able to get it done. Geelong have broken our hearts year after year. Starting from the qualifying final back in 1994 when Billy Brownless kicked the winning goal on the siren to send us to the Semi final and them to the prelim. There have been other times as well where we have just purely lost to Geelong during the season. They have always been a strong team and hard to beat down at Kardinia  Park. 

But maybe tonight it will change, considering how we went over to Perth before the bye and beat Freo at Optus Stadium, having never beaten them in Perth for a long time, and never have won at Optus Stadium. Maybe, we're due for a win. 

I tune in to the conversation Bianca, Alanah, Ads and Josh have while I watch my boyfriend lead the boys out onto the ground. I smile when I see him, he's in his element. 

The game starts and the nerves ramp up as the ball is bounced, I have no idea what to expect, or not to expect... 

There's one minute to go and we have the ball. We're winning by one point. All of us are at the edge of our seats. One stuff up could result in a Geelong goal. 

"GET IT IN THE 50 AND KICK A GOAL." Bianca yells at the tv. "Before they do that." 

The boys chip it around a bit to waste time, before they kick it down the line, straight into the hands of Jack Henry, who doesn't wait but goes. Of course, there's a Geelong player free in the middle of the ground and he kicks to him. 

"SHIT NO GET HIM." Bianca, Alanah and I yell at the Tv. 

"NO NO NO NO. THIS CAN'T HAPPEN." I say. My eyes are glued to the screen when Gary Rohan marks the ball with no one on him in Geelong's 50.