Twenty Seven

The next morning I wake up bright and early. 7am to be exact. I practically force myself out of bed. I chuck on some skin's and a t-shirt and head downstairs. I wanted to go down to the Whitten Oval this morning to practise some goal kicking. It's something I like to do to make sure my goal kicking gets better. I grab my smoothie out of the fridge and walk out the door. 

Marcus' POV: 

I wake up to the noise of cupboards banging in the kitchen. It takes me a minute to realise that it's Josh. He stayed over, he sometimes crashes here when he can't be bothered driving home.  I force myself out of bed. I chuck some clothes on and head out into the living room. 

"Morning." I say and Josh smiles. 

"Morning." He says and I shake my head. 

"You bloody woke me up." I say and Josh laughs. 

"Sorry bro, you know I'm heavy handed." He says and I smile. 

"Nah I know." I say. 

"Do you remember in 2016 when we went to the pub after we won the premiership?" I ask and he frowns. 

"Of course I do... why?" He says and I smile. 

"You remember how you spilled a drink on that girl and I hooked up with her?" I ask and he nods. 

"Yes of course I remember that." He smiles. 

"Do you remember her name?" I ask to see if he catches on. He thinks for a moment and shakes his head. 

"No wasn't it like Emily or something?" He says and I smile. 

"Emilia." I say and he nods. 

"Oh yeah that's right." He says. 

"Emilia, as in Emilia Martinelli." I say and Josh's jaw drops. 

"Wait what?" 

"Yeah." I say, he blinks a few times then says

"It couldn't have been Emilia." 

"It was. I know it was. I spoke to her about it today." I say and Josh raises an eyebrow. 

"So it was her and she remembers?" 

"Yep, she remembers everything." I say and he nods. 

"Oh yeah, when did you think it was her?" 

"Well a few months ago when Emilia first started at the club I thought her name sounded familiar, and also her voice. And when I kissed her there was something familiar about it." I say and he nods. 

"What a small world." He says and I smile. 

"Honestly it is. To think that I was with her four years ago and completely forgot about her, then she randomly appears again four years later." I say and he smiles. 

"Right person wrong timing." Josh says and I frown. 

"What do you mean?"