One Hundred and Fifty One

The next morning I wake up with my fiancé next to me and I smile, thinking about the events of last night.

It has been truely amazing. I am still in shock that he actually proposed to me, and that I'm literally going to marry him.

I couldn't be happier though. Marcus and I have been through hell and back, and I am so damn happy that we just didn't give up on each other, because there were times where I thought we couldn't work out. But it all happened for a reason and thank god it did. Both Marcus and I have grown as people, and are more mature than we were 9 months ago, which makes me happy.

I roll over to look at the time and see that it's 8:30. I then remember that the boys have training at 10am as it's preparation for Saturday nights, top of the table clash with Melbourne.

I sigh to myself, as I roll back over to face Marcus, not wanting to wake him up. But I slowly wake him up by playing with his hair that is starting to grow back. I'm trying to convince him to grow it like he had it in 2016, and so far, because we're in lockdown and he can't get a fresh cut, it looks like it's heading that way.

"Baby." I say, placing a kiss on his cheek, and he groans as he slowly opens his eyes and I smile.

"Hey, sorry to wake you up, but you have training at 10." I say and he groans, pulling me closer to him which makes me smile.

"I just wanna sleep and do nothing." He says and I smile

"I know babe, I know. But you've got a big game this weekend, you can't just skip training, especially since you're the skipper. And also, I need to go and do some physio stuff."

"Alright fine." He says getting up and placing a kiss on my lips before heading over to the bathroom.

God he really picks and chooses when he is and isn't a morning person. But I love that about him. He clearly wanted to have a relaxing day, and sleep in but playing a professional sport sometimes doesn't let you do what you want.

Marcus comes out of the bathroom and heads to the walk-in-robe to change into his gear, while I head in the bathroom to splash my face with water.

Then I change out of my pj's into some skins and a doggies jumper, before heading back into the bathroom, and pulling my hair in a bun.

Then Marcus and I both make our way downstairs where Baz is already up.

"Took you two long enough." He says, rolling his eyes and I laugh.

"Morning to you too Bails." I say, walking over to him and ruffling his hair.

"That's different, you calling me Bails."

"Well, I'm sort of sick of calling you Baz." I say and he laughs.

Marcus and I quickly have something to eat before the three of us make our way down to the club.

I make a mental note to go and visit my parents later because I haven't seen them in ages, and obviously Alyssa, Noah and Leo.

Then I laugh at myself as I realise we're in bloody lockdown still.. so I can't go and see them. So instead, I make a mental note to go and see them once we're out of lockdown.