Eighty Four

"WHAT?" I yell and he nods.

"You've got to be shitting me." I say as my hands ball up into fists.

"After everything we've done to get her behind bars, she's what all of a sudden free?" I say and Marcus sighs.

"Who was that on the phone?"

"Melissa." He says and I sigh.

"And what did she want?"

"I swear babe, I have no idea how she got my new number. But she was begging for me to forgive her." Marcus says and I roll my eyes. It's the same old shit with Melissa.

"How did she even get out?" I ask and Marcus sighs.

"I don't know. I was going to call Larissa to see if she knows anything." He says and I nod. Just as he pulls her number up we see Larissa's number pop up on Marcus' phone. He answers and puts the phone on speaker.

"Hey Larissa, I was just about to ring ya." He says and Larissa chuckles.

"Hey Marcus. That's funny, I bet ya to it though! Is Emilia with you?"

"Yes I am, Marcus has it on speaker phone." I say

"Okay cool. So I was wondering if you guys had heard the news that Melissa escaped from jail." She says and Marcus and I both stay dead silent in shock.

"Wait, so she escaped?" Marcus asks.

"Yep, that's right." She says and I sigh.

"Great." I say.

"We have it all under control though, they cops caught her already and they have taken her into custody. She is looking at doing more years for escaping."

"Thank god." I say. I feel like a huge weight has been lifted off of my shoulders.

"Yes. I was wondering did she contact you?"

"Yes, she did. Not too long ago."

"Okay, block the number she called you from. We are going to try and make sure that she does not harass you or Emilia ever again, even when her time is up." Larissa says and we nod.

"Okay, thank you Larissa." Marcus says.

"No worries. I'll keep you updated." She says and then we hang the phone up. I pull Marcus in for a hug and sigh.

"I don't know what I'd do if they didn't find her straight away." I say. "It would have caused me a lot of anxiety."

"I know it would have babe. That's why I got so mad when she called me." He says and I nod.

"Thank god you don't have any other toxic exes." I say and he smiles.

"Yeah, I'm glad." He says. But there's something about his tone of voice that makes me think that he's not telling me something. But I don't push it. If he wants to tell me, he can. I'm not going to force it out of him.

I get up from the bed and walk back to the couch where Josh and Baz are waiting.

"What happened?" They ask and I sigh.