One Hundred and Twenty One

The next few weeks fly passed! 

The boys went to Adelaide and beat the Port over there in such a good game! They all came back happy and cheery as it's always good to win, especially over there. 

We then also managed to somehow absolutely smash the saints by 111 points. I gotta say I was expecting a close game, but that definitely turned ugly.. for the saints anyway. It was beautiful for us. 

B this week, our attention is focused on the big game against the Dees. 

It's been hyped up for so long, top of the table clash. 1st vs 2nd. Marvel Stadium. Indigenous Round. What a way to start round 11. 

There should be a massive crowd. Marvel Stadium should be filled to the brim, not a seat out of sight. 

But, as you know. Life comes with challenges, and this is one of those times. 

We have been lucky for years upon years with footy not getting postponed or interrupted, but now our season is looking like no other with this new virus of COVID-19. 

Today we recorded new cases bringing our total to 34 active cases. Unfortunately, this means that we have gone into a lockdown. We can only leave our house for 5 reasons. 

1. Shopping for necessary goods and services 

2. Care and caregiving 

3. Exercise

4. To get a COVID test or Vaccine 

There is also a 5km radius, meaning we cannot travel above 5km. 

This is all very new to us and we have no idea what actually is going to happen. 

The boys can only leave the house for those reasons and to go training and to obviously play games. I am also exempt because I work for the Bulldogs, therefore I am also allowed to go to their training and games. 

Before we actually went into lockdown Marcus, Josh, Baz and I decided we'd all stay at the one house with Alanah. The house we decided on was Alanah Bianca and I's house because it's bigger. 

Bianca is staying with Jack and some of the other Carlton boys. 

So we won't really be able to see her for 7 days. But hey, at least I'm with my boyfriend and other best friends. 

"What are we gonna do?" Marcus asks 

"Well we can go for a walk.. but that's about it." 

"Yeah. Maybe we needed this lockdown, so we can spend extra time together." Marcus says pulling me into his chest and I smile. 

"Maybe, you could be right." 

"It's a shame there's not gonna be any crowds tomorrow night." 

"I know babe. But you guys need to forget about the fact that there's going to be no crowd and just focus on the game." 

"Yeah you're right. It's just gonna be so weird... from having crowds at every game to having the stands empty." 

"I know it will. But if you guys keep your heads down for the ball, you'll be fine. Plus, at least there'll be no one booing when you're having a set shot."