Fifty Three

Emilia's POV:

I make it to Crippa's house in one piece. I park my car in his driveway and I am pleased that his car is the only one there. Silvagni must be out with Bianca. I am still balling when I reach the front door. Patrick opens the door straight away and doesn't say anything, he just pulls me into a hug. We stand there for a few minutes with him holding me while I sob into his chest. Something I have found myself doing a lot over these passed few days. He closes the door and we sit on the couch. He pull me into a hug again and holds me until I've completely calmed down.

"What happened?" He asks and I sigh.

"As you know I went to physio and long story short Marcus, Dunks and Baz where there and I went up to Marcus to try and talk to him, just to see how he was going and it backfired on me and we started arguing about what happened." I say tears welling up in my eyes. Pat pulls me into his chest and holds me again.

"And I asked him if he will ever believe me and he said that at the moment no, probably not, but he can't say whether he will in the future, which gave me hope. And he was saying that if I really loved him I wouldn't have done what I did. And then I said 'Let me tell you one thing. I didn't cheat. I know you won't believe me, you probably will never believe me. But just know that I will not stop loving you' and I stormed off because I just couldn't take it anymore. He was being so cold to me and I have no hope that this will get fixed." I say, looking up at Pat, he pushes my hair out of my face and wipes my tears. He doesn't say anything as I keep telling him how I feel, he just listens.

"I'm so sorry Em. But let me tell you something. You both are hurting. You can't believe he doesn't believe you and he thinks you are lying and actually cheated." Pat says and I nod.

"I think the best option here is just for you two to not contact each other for a while. It's the best option." He says and I nod.

"You're right. I just still can't believe this has happened." I say leaning into his chest and he runs his hands through my hair.

"It's all going to be okay." He says.

Patrick's POV:

As I sit here with Emilia crying into my chest my heart aches for her. She deserves the world and it makes me upset that Marcus doesn't believe her. But I do get where he is coming from, I would've acted the exact same way if the girl I loved was cuddled up with another guy. No matter if they're best friends or not. I am definitely not trying to get in between them even though I have had a crush on her for a while now. The day she came to watch Bianca and Alanah play was when my little crush on her formed. The crush has grown heaps since then, but I know she is in love with Marcus so I won't get in between them.

Emilia's POV:

"Thank you for being here." I say and he smiles.

"Always." He says. I am so grateful to have Pat in my life as one of my closest friends. He is really such a sweet person and I can't thank him enough for being here for me. I have no idea how I will repay him after everything is fine. Before Marcus and I started hanging out more, I did have a little crush on Pat, it was nothing major. He's got the looks and is a total sweetheart, it's easy for anyone to have a crush on him. But when things started picking up with Marcus, I never payed attention to whether I still had a crush on Pat or not. Sitting here with his arms wrapped around me has made me realise that I still do have a crush on him, as much as I don't want to admit it, I do. I have no idea what this means, or what I'm going to do about it, because I still love and care for Marcus. My thoughts are so confusing it's not even funny. But what I do know, is that I will definitely be spending time with Patrick.