Eighty Eight

A few weeks later... 

ROUND 1 OF THE 2021 SEASON - COLLINGWOOD VS WESTERN BULLDOGS 

Today's the day all Bulldogs fans have been waiting for... Game day. Our pups take on the Pies in a Friday night blockbuster. It is the ultimate game with Treloar preparing to take on his former side. It's been a long offseason and I think everyone is happy that footy is finally back! I am going with Bianca and Alanah to cheer on the boys. And we've got good seats too! Level 1, row A, right near the Bulldogs cheer squad. The perfect seats. 

The game starts at 7:50, so we have to wait all day, which is annoying. But hey, at least I only have to wait a few hours. 

I lie in bed till about 10:00, until I decide that I should get up. I get out of bed and decide for once, that I should make my bed. I then get changed out of my pyjamas and head downstairs where I can smell some eggs being cooked. 

Surely enough, Josh is in the kitchen cooking some eggs for us. I smile as I walk over to him. 

"Morning." I say and he smiles. 

"Morning Em. I see you've finally woken up." 

"What about the other two?" I say and he laughs. 

"Oh they're still sleeping." He says and I nod

"I figured. So I'm guessing Alanah made you stay the night?" 

"Yep, she did." He says with a massive smile on his face and I smile. 

"Naww, look at you, you're in love." I tease him and his smile grows even wider. 

"How could you not love Alanah?" 

"That's true. But I had her first, just so you know." 

"Sure." He says with a laugh. I take a seat at the kitchen bench while Josh cooks up some bacon. 

"You nervous for the game tonight?" 

"Yeah, a bit. I guess I don't know what to expect. But I am nervous for Ads. He's playing his first game for us and against his old side too. If that was me, I'd be shitting myself." 

"Yeah, it can't be a good feeling, playing against the club you want to play for." I say and he nods. 

"Exactly." 

"I'm sure you guys will do fine." 

"I hope so. I just hope I perform good." 

"I'm sure you will Dunks. Don't doubt yourself." I say and he smiles. 

"Thanks Em, you always know how to boost someone's self esteem." 

"That's what friends do." I say and he smiles. 

"Morning." Alanah says walking over to Josh who is loading all the cooked bacon onto a plate. 

"Morning babe." Josh says turning his head towards her and leaning in to kiss her on the lips. He then bends down and places a kiss on her belly.