Ten

Marcus' POV:

It's Monday morning so I jump in my car and head down to the Whitten Oval to review the game and obviously to train. I go past Josh Dunkley's house and pick him up.

"Hey bro." He says giving me a fist bump as he slides into the passenger seat.

"Hey." I say smiling.

"Did you have a good sleep dreaming of Emilia?" He teases and I smile.

"No... But she is kind of on my mind 24/7." I admit and he smiles.

"I can tell. But she is a gorgeous girl." He says and I look at him.

"What?" He says and I shake my head.

"Back off yeah?" I say jokingly and he laughs.

"Calm down, I know you like her." He says and I smile. 

"Good." I say as we drive down Barkly street. I park in my usual car park spot and we walk in through the cafe. I freeze when I see Melissa sitting at a table next to her best friend Charlotte. I roll my eyes but walk in with Josh and pretend I don't see her. Josh orders our coffee's and we go to our usual table we sit at every morning before we're called in to review the game. Josh and I talk about random things before I hear a voice I know all too well. Melissa.

"Marcus! Oh my gosh I haven't seen you in ages how have you been?" She says. I look up at her and roll my eyes.

"What do you want?" I say rudely and she ignores my tone.

"Did you get the message I sent you yesterday?" She asks and it takes everything in me not to yell at her.

"No, I didn't get any message." I lie

"Hmm, that's weird." She says.

"Very." I say going along.

"Marcus, I just want to say I am so sorry for what I did when I was younger. I want you back." She says and I roll my eyes.

"No, I don't wanna hear it." I tell her

"But." She starts and I put my hand up to stop her.

"Just leave. I'll never go back to you." I say taking a sip of my coffee. She nods and walks away. Josh gives me a sympathetic look.

"Sorry bout that bro." I say and he smiles.

"It's alright, we all have one crazy ex." He says and I laugh.

"True true." We finish our coffee's and walk down the hallway and into the meeting room.

Emilia's POV:

I look at my time and see that it's 8:58. 2 minutes to get to my lecture. I speed walk down the hallway and make it just in time to Mr Reid's class. He goes through a bunch of work before the lecture ends and we're free to go. He calls me up and asks for my report of my session at the Bulldogs on Friday which I give to him, he then asks about my injury which I tell him to good news and he is happy that I'm going to be out there soon. I say goodbye to him and walk to my locker to grab my stuff so I can head to the Whitten Oval. As I'm walking I spot a familiar boy with brown hair and blue eyes. I keep my head down praying he doesn't see me. But with my luck, he see's me.