Twenty

I wake up to the sound of my alarm. I groan, rolling over and slamming my fist on it. I look at the time, it's 7:30am. I jump out of bed and get ready for the day.

By the time I get ready it's 8:30 am I'm in my car driving. I get to VU in not time and park my car in my usual spot. Then I walk in. My lecture starts in 5 minutes so I head to the room.

I open the door to see my teacher, Mr Jovanic, sitting there on his laptop. Shit, I forgot he's my lecturer now... He looks up and smiles.

"Emilia right?" He says as I take my usual seat.

"Yep, that's me." I say returning the smile.

"I read the report you wrote on Psychological Issues in the workplace, it was amazing."

"Thank you." I say and he walks over to me and hands me back my report that has a grade on it. I grab my papers and flip through it. On the last page it has a red circle with my grade on it a HD. High Distinction. I smile at my result.

"You should be happy with a high distinction." He says and I smile.

"I am." I say, he walks back to his desk when the door opens. Bianca walks in and sit down next to me.

"Hey." I say and they smile.

"Hey." Bianca says taking a seat.

"Where's Alanah?" I ask and Bianca sighs.

"She's sick, come down with a cold." She says and I nod.

"Oh, I'll text her and tell her to get better soon." I say taking out my phone and sending a quick text to her.

"So, have the media backed off?" Bianca asks and I nod.

"Surprisingly they have." I say and she nods.

"Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you, yesterday I got a call from a police officer." I say and Bianca raises an eyebrow.

"What why?"

"The police officer rang to get more information about the article." I say and Bianca nods.

"Okay, so what did you tell them?"

"I told her everything that happened. I didn't tell her everything over the phone, I went to the police station to talk about it."

"Okay so what's the plan?"

"Well, we needed proof to see if Marcus' ex is actually behind it." I say in a whisper so the people in front of us and behind us can't hear what we're talking about.

"And have you got the proof?"

"Yes, Marcus agreed to help get proof for the case. So he went out with his ex last night and she admitted to everything."

"Did she?" Bianca asks in disbelief.

"She did, so tomorrow Marcus and Maria, the police officer are coming over to my house so we can sort through the proof. Marcus is also gonna grab the security footage of her slapping me." I say and Bianca nods.