One Hundred and Forty One

The next few hours fly passed, and before I know it I'm in my room with Bianca and Alanah deciding what to wear for my birthday dinner out with Marcus.

"Ugh, nothing is working." I say as I look at myself in the mirror with a particular dress on.

"What do you mean Em? You're being too harsh on yourself, you look stunning." Alanah says and Bianca nods.

"I agree with Alanah. You need to stop being so hard on yourself."

"I know guys I'm sorry, but I just don't like how it's sitting." I say turning around and looking at the both of them. I look at the massive pile of dresses we've gone through and I've managed to find a fault with every single one of them.

"Alright, I've got a dress that you'll like. You're a size 8 yeah?" Alanah says and I nod.

"Something like that." I say as I watch her get up and walk out of the room. I take a seat on the bed and put my head in my hands.

"It's fine Em, we'll find you a dress."

"I know, but I am always stressed when I have to go out." I say and Bianca wraps me in a hug.

"Don't stress. You know Marcus loves you for who you are and you also know that he won't give two shits about what you're wearing because it'll look perfect to him."

"Thanks B." I say just as Alanah walks in holding a long red dress. I smile as she hands me the dress and I look at it.

"This is nice." I say as I take a good look at it and Alanah nods.

"It'll sit so nice on you, go try it on!"

I take the dress I currently have on off, and slide into the gorgeous red dress. Once I have it on I turn and look at myself in the mirror and smile.

The dress is long, but it has a split on the left side, covering my chest in a triangle shape, then having thin straps that are straight on my shoulders, then crossing over at the back.

"I love it

"I love it." I say as I chuck on some nude heels. The heels make the difference as they make my taller and the dress isn't as long, but it's still covering my feet. At least now I won't trip.

"You look stunning." Bianca says and Alanah nods in agreement.

"I told you you'd love it."

"Thanks Alanah." I say pulling her into a hug. My makeup and hair was the first thing we did. I have a natural look, similar to what I had done for Alanah's wedding. My hair is down and curled, and I absolutely love how both Alanah and Bianca have combined their skills to make my hair and makeup look gorgeous.