Twenty Nine

The next day I'm up bright and early, getting ready to go training. I'm helping out at the boys' training as their game is tomorrow. I am ready to go when I have to wake Marcus up. 

"Wake up sleepy head." I say and he groans, rolling onto his back. He rubs his eyes, trying to look at me. 

"What's the time?" He asks and I chuckle. 

"8am." I say and he jumps out of bed and runs to his wardrobe, throwing on his training gear. I laugh the whole time. Marcus is ready in 5 minutes and we're out the door. 

"You got ready fast." I say and he chuckles. 

"Well, I slept in a bit too long." He says and I laugh. 

"You did. I didn't wanna wake you cause you're so grumpy." I say and he rolls his eyes. 

"Not when I see you though." He says and I smile. 

We get to the Whitten Oval in no time. We walk in and scan our passes, then walk straight to the coffee shop to go on our little mini "date." I take a seat as Marcus goes to order our coffee's. 5 minutes later he comes back with our coffee's. 

"A flat white and a chocolate chip cookie for you." He says putting down the coffee and cookie in front of me and I smile. 

"You're too cute." I say and he smiles. 

"And so are you." 

"So you excited about the game tomorrow?" I say taking a sip of my coffee. 

"Yes I am. I gotta say I am a bit nervous though considering on how our performance went last year." He says and I nod. 

"You boys will play good." I say squeezing his hand and he smiles. 

"We will." He says and I smile. 

"Try and think of it as a normal game." I say and he smiles. 

"I'll try. But it's hard when you know there's no next week." He says and I shrug. 

"It would be. But I have no doubt in my mind that you boys will win." I say and he smiles. 

"I agree. We know we can do it." He says and I nod. We continue talking about random things that come up before we head down to the oval for training. 

The boys' training is first and I basically help them. Kicking the ball to them while they kick it back and then do another thing. It's the same as what I did last time I helped out. The boys then leave and it's time for the girls' training. 

We start off with a light warm up of running around the oval. I talk to Sophia Moreno. She is a star AFLW player just in her second year. She's one of my closest friends at the club, other than Baz, Josh and Tom. She knows everything about me and I know everything about her. We tell each other everything. It's good to get an insight from someone who looks at things a different way. Sophia always finds the positive to things. 

"So, how's it going with Marcus?" She asks as we jog around the oval together and I smile. 

"Really good." I say and she smiles.